HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

Should be getting the car back from the 2nd trip to the chassis guy. Rear end will be completely done, Intercooler piping done, Exhaust done. so i ordered some stuff to keep me busy when i get it back. will post pics when i get it back...

Got a quick release steering wheel kit that has buttons for line lock and nitrous activation already built in. The trans brake will be on the shifter.

470673k.jpg

Also got a matching seat and cover.

570-41511.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well the exhaust is done, inter cooler piping is done, had to clearance a couple spots in the engine bay for radiator hoses, rear end is done. pick car up tomorrow and will post some pics. its ready for driveshaft, wiring and paint interior!!!! then off to the body shop for some body work and ext paint. No IT STILL WASN'T WORTH THE 5 YEAR WAIT!!! especially when this **** could have been done so much earlier!!!

Still dirty. still needs a couple bracket in the engine bay to bolt stuff to but overall its ready to pull the motor and clean up the engine and prep the car for paint.....AGAIN :huh:

DSC05861.jpg

DSC05860.jpg

DSC05859.jpg

DSC05858.jpg

DSC05857.jpg

DSC05856.jpg

DSC05855.jpg

DSC05854.jpg

Edited by stony

Coming together mate.

Quick question. I have been thinking about how I am going to do my radiator setup and was thinking about using AN fittings like you have done. One thing I was worried about is that every setup I have seen looks like if the engine mounts had much give it would stress the line. With your line it looks like you have given it a very slight arch, is that to allow a bit of give in the mounts?

Brad

Edited by garvice

Thanks

A little more progress. Nothing is fitting like it did in the black car so just about everything is needing little tweaks. pretty much have had to shorten every braided line.

DSC05868.jpg

DSC05866.jpg

DSC05865.jpg

DSC05863.jpg

DSC05862.jpg

Looks like a fiberglass dash.

http://www.pdkfabrication.com/Dash.htm

That's what I thought it was but I've been asking around and haven't seen those anywhere until now!

"Made of fiberglass for the serious racer" LOL

How do you like it Stony? I was thinking about making one down the line but was worried about how complicated it would be to get it to work with all the stock components, as this basically looks like a shell of the dash. Not cheap though.

I suppose if you get rid of all the stock stuff though, it's moot. Would be pretty sexy like this

DSC01331.JPG

its a shell will not work with any stock stuff. its kind of a biatch to get it in there. i ended up hacking it a bit. once i get it mounted will take it back out and glass over all the holes and make it fit better. maybe i should just get a stock dash. wanna trade?

its a shell will not work with any stock stuff. its kind of a biatch to get it in there. i ended up hacking it a bit. once i get it mounted will take it back out and glass over all the holes and make it fit better. maybe i should just get a stock dash. wanna trade?

You make it sound so enticing! :P I would consider it but at the moment I can't afford to have my car out of service, perhaps in the future.

My original plan was to get a second dash and make a mold off of it for a composite one, but like I may have said I was planning on doing it in such a way that it mounts like stock. It seemed a little foreboding so I put it on hold, apparently these guys thought the same thing and just axed that part of the plan altogether.

• 1 month later...

Well got my hands on a stock dash. gutted, trimmed to fit and installed gauges. now just need a dash cap and it should look pretty good.

Any one recommend a decent dash cap? Are the easy to install?

Anyways here are some pics. car is going to the body shop to get the 1/4s roughed in and wheel wells stretched 2 inches. hope to have pics in a month or so.

post-71-073090900 1283126217_thumb.jpg

post-71-034035300 1283126267_thumb.jpg

post-71-045767600 1283126350_thumb.jpg