HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

I have a 280z cap that I used on my 280z that I am not using anymore as well. I can post pictures of the two later.

send me some pics or post them here.

very interested in used stuff especially since i will have to trim it to fit the cage.

• 2 weeks later...

send me some pics or post them here.

very interested in used stuff especially since i will have to trim it to fit the cage.

Still interested in above

Here are some body work progress pics. I'm just about to strip the rest of the 1/4 panels and prep for bondo and paint prep.

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

using sheetmetal screws to hold the panel place ( poor man's Kliko'>)

New wheels finally fitted. may have to trim the rear part of the fender a bit to compensate for tire expansion but overall they fit awesome.

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

it took a little creativity to get them on and off but they work. basically have to disco the shocks and lower the rear end a tad.

it took a little creativity to get them on and off but they work. basically have to disco the shocks and lower the rear end a tad.

No thats how you know its a tight fit!!! oh yea dont forget letting all the air out to ;>

Edited by stony

• 3 weeks later...

Well after some grinding i have solved my brake clearance issues.

here are some pics of my Frankenstein creation

top halve is AZC 3s0 coilover conversion. i sectioned the struts with the lower part of the z31 strut. it has s13 brakes and z32 rotors!!!!

now i just need to get pads to see if these rotors will work.

anyways here are some pics now all that is left is brake hard lines.

post-71-062998100 1286760339_thumb.jpg

post-71-045347100 1286760341_thumb.jpg

Edited by stony

starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

all 4 corners have brakes now, and the interior is coming around!! My wire harness is on the way, going to paint in december. will put the engine in one more time and get it running before paint. It amazing how much gets done when you actually work on the car ;>

post-71-072585700 1287082783_thumb.jpg

post-71-067991300 1287082793_thumb.jpg

post-71-036931000 1287082801_thumb.jpg

post-71-016805500 1287082810_thumb.jpg

post-71-036164600 1287082820_thumb.jpg

Edited by stony

• 2 weeks later...

Worked a bit on the car this weekend, everything is final fit now. Missing a couple clamps here and there and i still have to redo the breather stuff. but overall all im lacking is wiring and fuel system plumbed from cell to engine bay. my stock gas pedal wont fit any more. So i will need some sort of custom pedal.

All the brake lines are done just need pedal hooked up and bled. Here are some pics.

DSC06321.jpg

DSC06318.jpg

DSC06322.jpg

DSC06323.jpg

DSC06330.jpg

DSC06333.jpg

DSC06335.jpg

DSC06338.jpg

Waiting on the ZCCJDM ZGR wing to be completed. that will be the only body addition prior to paint in december.

Mate the engine looks great, but I got to point out your electrical system. You have all these nice braided hoses and anodised fittings then you have split conduit and red electrical tape. Surely you could do something a little nicer then that, perhaps some fibreglass sleeving and heat shrink. I have used this and find it really nice to work with (in black or course)

http://buyheatshrink.com/braidedsleeving/fiberglass-sleeving.htm

and this is a bit stiffer

http://buyheatshrink.com/braidedsleeving/saturated-fiberglass-sleeving.htm

and of course some glue lined heat shrink

http://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/4to1adhesive.htm#B

Still seriously jealous though, my RB26 is sitting in the engine bay waiting for me to work on it. It's like it just sits there mocking me.

Edited by garvice