HybridZ

Dashboard Restorations - QLD

garvice

This will be completely useless to most of you on this forum, however for the few Queenslanders out there who need their dashboard restored, read on.

I got my dashboard restored by a company in Brisbane called Dashboard Restorations. http://dashboardrestorations.com.au/ For a while they wouldn't restore the Datsun Z car dashboards, but they have since changed their tune and are back doing a great job for our S30 dashboards.

Here are the photos, with quality like this, I am chuffed.

Before

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

After

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Not useless to me, I have yet to see a actual customers before and after dash.

Looks good, I did not know that they had quit doing the S30 restorations. I haven't spoke to them in a couple of years, what was the price?

"chuffed", (quite pleased) I had to look that one up

Not useless to me, I have yet to see a actual customers before and after dash.

Looks good, I did not know that they had quit doing the S30 restorations. I haven't spoke to them in a couple of years, what was the price?

"chuffed", (quite pleased) I had to look that one up

I originally rang them in ~sept last year and they flat out refused to do my dash. Said it was too much work and they didn't want to do it. I said, well if it is too much work, then what do you want to do it, I don't mind paying more. They then said a few people had asked the same thing, but they still weren't interested. I then rang again in feb and they agreed to do it but at a premium.

You do know that they are in Brisbane, Qld, AUSTRALIA? Is it really worth you guys sending a dash over here to get done? I know the exchange rate is good, but is it that good? Also, we drive on the left hand side of the road (Which is actually the right side of the road ;)) so there is no chance finding a dash in australia, recovering it and sending it to america.

That looks great! I would also like to know the price and the amount of time it took for them to finish.

As above, you realise that this is in Australia? The price was $770AUD which included recovering the lid on my centre console.

Maybe a crazy idea but.....many center consols are very tired and rough looking. I wonder if they could recover the consoles to make them look "new" and match you recovered dash!

I am sure that they could recover the centre consoles, I had them recover my centre console lid, it came up great. My centre console is plastic and in pretty good nick, so I didn't bother getting them to do that. I also don't know how it would work with all the cutouts in the centre console. I.E. de-mister switches, ash tray etc. Not sure if all these items would fit back in as you would now be adding an extra layer on top with the vinyl. These components may no longer fit.

As above, you realise that this is in Australia? The price was $770AUD which included recovering the lid on my centre console.

If someone locally can make my dash look like that, I wouldn't mind paying $770 CAD = $931.46 AUD

Well this is the picture on the front of their website.

home_dash.gif

So if they can save this, they can save anything.

This one actually looks better than my old one! I was only joking since I was able to fine a crack free dash.

Joe

Yeh Dashboard Restorations did the 280ZX one, cost a bomb but what choice do you have for that original look? They do good work, only problem I've found is that the holes for the gauges, speedo and so on end up smaller due to the overlay of the covering material they use. That can't be helped I suppose, its part of the restoration process.

Yeah, no one else in Brisbane or greater south east queensland to do it.

They insisted on fitting my gauges back in, so didn't notice is the holes had reduced in size, but will take your word for it.

I still prefer paying a bit more for dashboard restorations to do it, then sending it to sydney or melbourne and having someone down there do it.

im looking to wrap mine in leather and suede. Leather on the top where the sun shines, and suede on the part that faces the driver. All sewn together with a thread that matches the thread and material on my seats (which are gonna be re-upholstered.)