HybridZ

Rollcage and big turbo install

a6t8vw

heres some pic's of where im at.

Heres a t6 turbo flange i made on the cnc mill, has extra mounting holes for support bracket's

100_0945.jpg

100_0946.jpg

t6 vs t3 100_0948.jpg

this is the first cage ive done, its all 1.75x.084 e4130

100_0951.jpg

100_0952.jpg

100_0956.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0955.jpg

100_0958.jpg

100_0957.jpg

100_0976-1.jpg

100_0985.jpg

T-56 tremec trans 100_0979-1.jpg

turbo mock-up 100_0971.jpg

im going to run 5" off the turbo to out the right fender though stock battery location. 100_0962.jpg

100_0969.jpg

100_0970.jpg

more to come. I'm adding full funny car cage and air/water intercooler among other things :)

andy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent trips to el mirage and watching cars run got me hooked on speed. having so many differen't setups in my car i got bored and decided to go all out. so the Plan now is to run the car at el mirage dry lake speed trials..then hopefully to bonneville salt.

I have a lot of work to do in little time if i want to make the first race mid may.

Im running blown fuel modified sports class.

When i started building the car the class record was only 189 mph, now its 214mph if i rember correctly.

I know getting these cars over 170 is a real chore.. all i know its going to be a fun ride!

i got my hands on a t-56 6 speed from a LS1 camaro it either has a .5 or .63 6th gear ratio for plenty of gear with stock rear ratio.

Depending on what size tire i run i should be geared for 230-250 mph @6000rpm..

im expecting 800hp from a mild 350 chevy, going blow-through setup.

the location of the turbo isint set in stone but i have the long waterpump and serp belt system and its becoming a real pain to get the turbo where i want without cutting a hole in the hood.. I might just turn the turbo so the compressor wheel pokes through the hood or just run it how it is.

more to come.

andy

100_0972.jpg

Great job on the welding, what size and make turbo? I think I might have its twin brother. Jerry

thanks.

Borg Warner Airwerks S400 with 75mm ETT Compressor Wheel, T6 exhaust with 1.32 A/R.

basicly off 12L detroit 60's

should be a really free-flowing setup

I'm impressed. I like how you tied in the front drivers lower corner cage support with the firewall/front subframe instead of going straight to the floor. IMO that will actually add some stiffness to go with the weight instead of just safety. Well planned, well executed. One question though, why does the main hoop go directly to the left of the drivers head? Does that have to tie into the floor or could you have gone behind the seat/ rear fender wheel area? So stoked on the 5" through the battery location, that is going to redefine rowdy! Good luck with the racing.

zclubhouse -

yeah the main hoop, its almost a problem... real close to my helmut but it turned out ok. the seat isnt' bolted yet still figureing out best posistion. probably going to move it towards center of car a little and down far as possible.

I'm impressed. I like how you tied in the front drivers lower corner cage support with the firewall/front subframe instead of going straight to the floor.

It's also a good idea to tie into the rocker. You'll see some guys cut the pipe in half, and then weld along where it's contacting the rocker. You can also add a pad on the rocker for more distribution.

That thing is big!, i like the housing clamp design. holset?
It is a Holeset I picked up from a friend($300.00). It is brand new the bill in the box had a cost of $1500.00. The Comp side measured 75mm. I have that and two WH1E holesets. I am trying to decide which to go with. I need to find out what comb would make the most HP. The single 75mm or twin 58mm on my 355 sbc. Jerry