HybridZ

Rollcage and big turbo install

a6t8vw

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the hell do you expect to hook? Is that thing tubbed? What rear?

Well, going to el mirage and bonneville (5" wide tire) to run the car and occasional street.

Def will not "hook" lol

I do have a 285/35-18 tire for the street but im sure it will spin'em

running stock r200 diff now.. going q45 when the time comes.

andy

• 1 month later...

Little update, progress is slow but it is progress..

Heres the the 6 speed trans mount, might redo the mount plates to be horizontal for added ground clearance if its a issue..

one good feature of this is the plates are tilted 10 degrees towards each other for easy removal and install.

I finally got the car to my new house so progress should pick up:icon14:

sorry for the x-large pic's

100_1320.jpg

WEIR's bellhousing sure does sit low!

100_1327.jpg

100_1326.jpg

I havn't had any experience with salt flat racing or real high speed in a Z but I can tell you we had real trouble getting traction in our drag 240z at anything over 170mph, obviously thats on a 1/4 mile and we are trying to put way over 1000whp into it as fast as possible, in your application, winding up slowly, the aero side of it might not be so bad, best of luck, bet it'll be fun,

Rob

I havn't had any experience with salt flat racing or real high speed in a Z but I can tell you we had real trouble getting traction in our drag 240z at anything over 170mph, obviously thats on a 1/4 mile and we are trying to put way over 1000whp into it as fast as possible, in your application, winding up slowly, the aero side of it might not be so bad, best of luck, bet it'll be fun,

Rob

Hey rob i love your car man, that thing is a beast!

I've heard others mention a 170mph limit also... I think once the belly pan and rear diffuser is installed ill have better luck pushing that barrier.

I know its going to want to spin real bad @ 150+. I'm just going to creep up on it little by little.

andy

Wow, just looking at that will leave a few people crappin their pants.

90% of guys reduce the 5" to 4" so i try to be diffrent, it should flow pretty well also..

Im thinking there will be some vacume effect pulling the gas's out at high speed?

Were you going to use a flex bellow somewhere in that exhaust or just leave it all hard plumbed?

since all the tubing slips over one another i was just going to use t-bolt clamps on all the slip fits.. i think it should flex pretty good? time will tell.

hopefully the aluminized tubing holds upto the heat.

also i have two 5" vbands to install on the section taht covers the valve cover. I will be able to remove the piping for valve adjustments.

andy

• 4 weeks later...

turbo mount and crossover piping tacked up

100_1541.jpg

100_1554.jpg

100_1549.jpg

100_1572.jpg

100_1576.jpg

100_1577.jpg

100_1573-Copy.jpg

heres a die i made to fit 2.5" x060 wall tubing to t3 flange seen above... looks like alum in the pic but it is steel.

100_1581.jpg

I wanted to make a "split pulse" setup but figured the gain would not be worth the trouble of dealing with two wastegates or connecting each bank with a Y pipe to single WG.

Hey I've got a VDO boost gauge that goes up to 10 bar. I think you might need it!:lmao:

haha, how much do you want for it? lol .

Theres a guy who runs two of these turbos in diesel truck with compound setup he makes 100 psi... pretty wild

i dont intend to go over 20 psi but well see:flamedevi

Well i just mounted the turbo in the car w/ with mockup block still in it and it sits pretty high DOH LOL well its what i expected... i tryed to leave room for the radiator.

100_1617.jpg

100_1621.jpg

100_1620.jpg

100_1618.jpg