HybridZ

New See Through Tires

Diablo

Forget See-Through rims, its all about see through tires now :)

These tires are made in South Carolina , USA ..

SEE THROUGH TIRES

Radical new tire design by Michelin.

The next generation of tires.

They had a pair at the Philadelphia car show.

ATT00004.jpg

ATT00010.jpg

ATT00007.jpg

ATT00013.jpg

These tires are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very soon.

The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on these.

Just think of the impact on existing technology:

A. no more air valves...

B. no more air compressors at gas stations...

C. no more repair kits...

D. no more flats...

These are actual pictures taken in the South Carolina plant of Michelin.

Hope its not a re-post, I did a search and didn't find a thread on this.

The sidewall would just be to lessen the odds they are rejected for looking wierd.

The biggest problem they have been having is vibration and noise. I sincerely hope they solve at least the vibration part, I can handle the noise.

I've been seeing these on TV for years. I hope they come out some time soon.

I've never heard any mention of a sidewall before. The idea is for them to be light weight and use less rubber so a sidewall is not necessary to keep its shape.

How many people do you think would buy them if they didn't have sidewalls? My guess would be "not a lot." Not to mention, the way it is now, dirt and whatnot can get stuck in there... Granted they ARE street tires, but some of us like to go "offroading" once in a while.

Looks really neat but... How are they stuck on the rims? With a conventional tire and wheel, say you hit a curb and un-seat the bead, big whoop, you just re-seat and fill with air. What if you break the "bead" on one of these? Would you have to buy a whole wheel and tire combo?

I'm not saying they won't. Just that I hadn't heard anything about it. I can think of a list of reasons as to why they should, and probably will have them. I personally like the look or them without sidewalls but I don't think I would buy any because I think the cool factor would wear off after they start to get filled with dirt and grime. Having to clean them out all the time would get old really quick.

Looks really neat but... How are they stuck on the rims? With a conventional tire and wheel, say you hit a curb and un-seat the bead, big whoop, you just re-seat and fill with air. What if you break the "bead" on one of these? Would you have to buy a whole wheel and tire combo?

It is constructed as a one piece tire and wheel together (hence TWEEL.) You buy a new "combo" every time you replace them.

• 1 month later...