HybridZ

New License Plates

Whittie

Didn't really know where to put this, and a little too excited to let it past. Here are a couple of pictures of my new number plates:

Image059.jpg

The Western Australian state series is number|letter|letter|letter . number|number|number.

Once i realised that i could get this sequence i have been hanging out for it to come around. About 2 years and 30 odd phone calls to the licensing centre later and i found out they were released to a small town about 500k's from home :( Icalled them yesterday to say 'can you hold them i will drive up tomorrow' and got a reply 'don't be silly, we can send them to your local centre!!'

So, here they are, and for 1/50 the cost of custom plates :D

These were $13

TOM.260 blue plates with black letters were $130

Custom plates 300-700 depending on size, colour, shape and material of construction

Euro plates 600-1300 depending on text

So yeah, worth waiting for I rekon :P

I just got my Z31T and I was going to put 'FLTBLK2' on the plates, but since I don't have 'FLTBLKZ' for the S30 yet It wouldn't make sense...

That is really cool that you got that combo fairly easy.

My buddy found a Euro plate on ebay for his euro'd out Passat - It says 'VW OHV 20 T ' or something like that, and his VW Passat is a 2.0 Litre Turbo.

Didn't really know where to put this, and a little too excited to let it past. Here are a couple of pictures of my new number plates: The Western Australian state series is number|letter|letter|letter . number|number|number.

Once i realised that i could get this sequence i have been hanging out for it to come around. About 2 years and 30 odd phone calls to the licensing centre later and i found out they were released to a small town about 500k's from home :( Icalled them yesterday to say 'can you hold them i will drive up tomorrow' and got a reply 'don't be silly, we can send them to your local centre!!'

So, here they are, and for 1/50 the cost of custom plates :D

LOL man what a score! I got a little carried away, before I even got my 240z I went out and got some customs for it, alum slimline white text on black background, cost me just shy of 400$, the text is a little embarassing, every time I mention it I get the cold shoulder, eyes shot open seeing the Western Australian logos...okay the text is Devil Z, feel free to go to town with it lol, bro is getting a 2nd gen 300ZX, getting Devil ZX plates...pretty lame if Im honest but lol

lol, Kanzen

I think that's a great plate!! Personally, I was about 1/2 a second away from taking 1DAT.666 instead... :P

Well it's been a while but i got the car back from the mechanic after the gearbox failure last week:

Image061.jpg

Image062.jpg

:D :D

Nice plates Whittie.

Here's one I'm working on as a personal project:

licenseplateresto01.jpg

The pictures show it still mounted to an old Chrysler in a junkayrd, stripped and straightened, primed and base coated, and as of this morning completely masked in prep for the letter paint (yes, I know there are other ways to paint the letters). Should be done by the end of the day.

I'm keeping an eye on some '68-'72 Utah plates over at e-bay.com to restore and mount on my Z.

Are you saying you can use old plates on a new car? I've got some old blue NJ plates that I've been wanting to use vs. the ugly new reflective yellow plates we have.

Not sure about old plates on a new car. Laws vary from state to state for old plates on an old car, plus you have to check with the DMV to make sure no one else is running around with the same numbers on a current plate.

Not sure about old plates on a new car. Laws vary from state to state for old plates on an old car, plus you have to check with the DMV to make sure no one else is running around with the same numbers on a current plate.
Well, it would be for my 280z, so about the same era as the plate, as the plates are from 79 or so. I'll have to look into that though.

Well, it would be for my 280z, so about the same era as the plate, as the plates are from 79 or so. I'll have to look into that though.
In Texas, I believe they have to be the same year. Our old plates had the vehicle model year listed on them, I believe. I could be mistaken. Regardless, I have antique plates for my car right now and will be keeping my eyes peeled for '77 Texas plates. eBay is actually a good place to find old plates, FYI.

Had to crop all the rust out of the picture, so all you can see is the tag.

Never move to an island and try to have a nice car. Rust never sleeps and it gets all hyper-active, at the beach.

I have recently moved to SC. If anybody knows where to find a solid(ish) shell within reasonable towing distance of Charleston SC, feel free to post or email me. (malcontent(at)isp(dot)com)

It has 400TPI/T56/MMS CV and 240sx disc.... now all I need is a chassis (again!)

Eric

660Zcut_thumb.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I actually found a Utah DMV page which describes that there is no charge whatsoever to use "original issue" plates as long as the number on them is not currently registered.

http://dmv.utah.gov/licenseantique.html

Not all states are the same, but I like the idea of running period correct plates on a vintage vehicle. Still on the lookout for a couple of pairs in good shape for my cars.