HybridZ

Rogue Status 240Z

jknc90

I was playing around in photoshop a couple days ago trying out different paint schemes for my Z. Decided to give this a shot. It's similar to Veritech's Camo Zzzap (which is awesome IMO) but it has the Rogue Status "Gun Show" pattern instead of camo. My Z is going to be semi-gloss black instead the gloss black in the picture. (The picture is photoshopped picture of rguanlao's car from the "wheel show" thread btw, not mine)

It's just a quick photochop to get an idea of how it would look so don't be too harsh haha. So what do you guys think?

RSBlack.jpg

I doubt you'd be in serious danger of getting sued....

Right on with doing something different though. I find the gun pattern a little busy, but i also find myself hopelessly out of fashion (according to my wife :wink:) these days so you may not want to listen to me. If you're going to lay that stripe on your own, you'll want to take into account the stencil method. White doesn't like to go over the top of black (and stay white) very much, so if you're concerned about it you'll be taping off the guns after you've laid down a white strip. The amount and regular repeating of the guns means that you're in for a ton of work, and that's just for one side. I recommend coming up with your own pattern, and not having it be so uniform purely for ease of application. Something I was thinking about last weekend was that It might be cool to get some glossy black vinyl to make some graphics over my car's flat black paint (not an idea that is original to me, just one i was thinking of going with), and let the difference in specularity illustrate the pattern. I'm not sure what I'd do with it, but I definitely thought about it.

I just went to the Rogue Status website, and I prefer the "death to rogue status" bombs dropping pattern personally.

flatblack280, Yea I'm a big fan of the murdered out theme also. Just wanted to try this to change it up a little.

rturbo 93, Mostly just to get my car one color after the body work is done, the semi-gloss will be rattle-can. I'll spend the money for a nice paint job later on when I can afford it (I'm in college right now). Right now the big money stuff is more function oriented.

MoNkEyT88, Thanks man. And I doubt they'd try to sue me for it.

veritech-z, Thanks for the compliments. As much as I enjoy stencil work, NO WAY would I want to cut all those guns out haha. I'm planning on just having two vinyl stripes made. And I hope you don't mind me expanding off of your design.

z-ya, Thanks but as I said in the first post, that car belongs to rguanlao. I just used the picture as a base for my design. And don't worry, I'm definetely not forgetting about performance :burnout:

Thanks everybody!

EDIT: And by the way, I'm plannig on having a few more subtle touches of Rogue Status here and there to make it a little more coherent and less like a random stripe down the side.

Considering i didn't design the zzzap graphic arrangement either, it would be kind of silly for me to mind. I'm all for it, throw some pics up when you're done.

LOL you have a point. And I'll definitely post some pictures when I'm done. Hopefully that won't be to far from now. I'm finishing up the body work now.

I like Rogue Status. I had a gunshow shirt years ago before they even said Rogue Status on the tag. They have their own car shop...so they may not be enamored with you using their designs, here's a link to their blog: http://www.thesmogcheck.com/rogue_status/?cat=21 However, why not do the tool show like Max Cooper, haha:

021.jpg

Max

Edited by junglist
adding a link

That's awesome haha. I'm not too worried about being sued or anything though. I doubt Rogue Status would even find out that my car has their design on it. And even if they did, I'm not making any money off of it or using it as a promotional car or anything like that.

Wow, they waisted that white car on top. Im not a fan either of the pattern design. ill rather put a big transformer on the side imitating fast and furious. You car will look so much cleaner without that IMO.

I like Rogue Status. I had a gunshow shirt years ago before they even said Rogue Status on the tag. They have their own car shop...so they may not be enamored with you using their designs, here's a link to their blog: http://www.thesmogcheck.com/rogue_status/?cat=21 However, why not do the tool show like Max Cooper, haha:

he did not do that to an XJ-220, did he?

crap. he did.