HybridZ

Derek's cast EFI manifold in West Palm FL

Derek

Time to show off my manifold

I'm going to be in the West Palm Beach area this Tuesday evening the 12th. I'm driving my car down so if anyone is interested in meeting up somewhere let me know. I'll be in the Blue Heron I95 area.

The manifold I speak of

DSC_0003-1.jpg

If anyone's interested then post here and we'll work out the details.

Derek

Holy speechless...that is simply amazing, beautiful, beautiful work. Love it. Your attnetion to detail with the fuel lines and throttle linkage is nothing short of breath taking. What engine mangement are you running with it? I bet it sounds incredible especially at WOT.

Yasin

• Administrators

Derek, That is absolutely stunning! ave.gif Sorta has that era period, full tilt factory backed race car engine appearance! If Nissan themselves campaigned a 240-Z with EFI, THIS is how I envision it looking! Incredible! bgiorno.gif

Derek, That is absolutely stunning! ave.gif Sorta has that era period, full tilt factory backed race car engine appearance! If Nissan themselves campaigned a 240-Z with EFI, THIS is how I envision it looking! Incredible! bgiorno.gif

Thanks Paul

That's exactly the look I was going for. The best part is though it actually runs. And I don't mean it runs at full throttle and everything else is a compromise, It runs great period. Sitting at an idle, cruising in third gear at 2500, lugging in fourth gear when you should be in third. I'm running extra code and it even brings the idle speed up when I turn on the A/C!

I wish I had the skill and the time to properly tune it because there are some areas that I think could be better.

Holy speechless...that is simply amazing, beautiful, beautiful work. Love it. Your attnetion to detail with the fuel lines and throttle linkage is nothing short of breath taking. What engine mangement are you running with it? I bet it sounds incredible especially at WOT.

Yasin

Thanks Yasin

I thought you were following the build thread I had going.. Hell I with my ego I figured everyone was following it!

Derek

Thanks Yasin

I thought you were following the build thread I had going.. Hell I with my ego I figured everyone was following it!

Derek

I used to, but on dialup it's too pics intensive, so I just sampled it at the end :P

Nice EFI tho :D when're the commercial copies coming out? :D

CLOSE! The lucas slide valve was ITB style, while the actual NISSAN EFI campaigned in the early 70's in rally competition used Weber Style EFI Bodies much like available today, save they were cast with "Nissan" on the body instead of "HKS" or "TWM" stuck on the original Japanese Spec Triples Manifold (think old Nissan Motorsport Manifold). The JECS brain they had was VERY similar to the ECU used on the early VW Type 3's with all the wires leading directly into the casing with a strain relief on the outside and the sensor wires directly to the circuitboard. No MAP sensor like the VW, just throttle position and rpm based fuel delivery. (Alpha N) They had some pretty radical camshaft profiles, so I'm guessing the Alpha-N is the only way to go. I personally would like to drive that setup just once to compare it to the $400 Megasquirt on a similar setup today.

I don't even want to THINK what that setup cost the factory in developmental and hardware costs.

I was not in a position to buy those Nissan Throttle Bodies when they were offered to me...you don't KNOW how it haunts me. Talk about the ULTIMATE old-school Trump-Card at a car show where someone contends the EFI 'Is not Stock'---what can be more stock that something with NISSAN cast into it!

What? You didn't know Nissan Campaigned EFI Equipped 240Z's in Europe in 1972?

Oh...

"Just livin' up to the name!" :icon45:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Please post some more video of this thing running!

I hear ya. I bought a new microphone for the video camera but I've just been really slammed with work. On a brighter side though the car runs like a million bucks (That would convert to $1,523,717 for you).

I have over 3000 miles on them in all kinds of conditions and they have exceeded all of my expectations. I daily drive the car. Nothing leaks, it always starts and so far no hot start issues.

I'll seriously try and get some new videos up.

Thanks for the push

Derek

• 1 month later...