HybridZ

Phlebmaster's 240Z Evolution, 56k fah-getta-bout-it. ;-)

• Administrators

Those rods are the powdered-metal rods. Parting surface is most likely raw as those typically are what are called "broken cap". The big end bores for that style of rod are more consistently round vs the forgings. :wink:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man i was Really excited till i seen the post you said you was going v8. IMO it takes away from the Z it self. but thats just my opinion

I appreciate your opinion. :mrgreen:

The whole premis of this site is to support those who want to modify their Z, not keep things stock or Datsun. There are other Z car sites for Datsun purists...This is NOT the place for that. ;)

• Administrators
i know but thats why you swap an l28et ito it or a red top into but your correct.

Rule #7...

Remember, this is a Hybrid site. Do not ever get on the purist Datsun/Nissan soapbox or promote Datsun/Nissan only swaps. The Admins/moderators will not tolerate this. The mere mention of keeping your Z "all Datsun" will be frowned upon. Several other sites exist for this mindset.

my bad, by i did say he was correct. but your correct also sorry about that.

im down for all the swapping and what not and modding its a must for me. lolz i went to the zcar site and man was that buzz kill.

anywho keep up the great work phleb

2 things.

1. Did you manhandle that short block in and out of your Z by yourself? If so kudos, and my condolences for your back.

2. Are you going to leave the stock damper on it? It's quite a giant little beast.

I would love to say that I am able to lift that out by myself...but no. lol I had my brother in law help me get it out. :mrgreen: Paul used his tractor to put it into my car. The drive home was interesting to say the least. My exhaust hit on every bump and the front end was all over the place. :shock:

I am not leaving that 8" damper on. I am looking for a ~6" damper so it will clear the rack. ;)

Edited by Phlebmaster

I blew my head gasket last week.....so Chey and I went to work on pulling the motor apart. These are the best daddy and daughter dates ever!!

Gettin ready to tear it apart..

wv1i8n.jpg

2rdgq3s.jpg

Look who finally decided to show up. :lmao:

I left for a minute to get my light and she had pulled the hood off...suprised the heck out of me!! :shock:

skzsps.jpg

Working of the header/intake bolts...I am glad she has small fingers.

21ndwz8.jpg

Last nut!! She was very happy!! :mrgreen:

5vorhg.jpg

Now that's a happy girl. :)

11ca6tx.jpg

Pics of the block and pistons. I noticed the pistons have "0.5MM" on them...I don't know why. There are still hash marks on the cylinder walls.

2w3tlhu.jpg

2ednymu.jpg

2lbides.jpg

She is way too pleasedwith herself!!

2gvoewx.jpg

on the head I noticed .006 I wonder if this head has been shaved??

2vxkbj7.jpg

You can see where the gasket was leaking....

1zbxgnl.jpg

hvqs1f.jpg

I now have the head completely torn down and ready for the shop.... :mrgreen:

2mcyp2p.jpg

osa2bt.jpg

Edited by Phlebmaster

• Administrators

Aaron,

Tear down looks good. Chey is definitely in her element. Maybe she would to do the surfacing on the milling machine? Let her set it up, and run the handles... :2thumbs:

the .5 on the pistons means those pistons are a 1/2 mm larger diameter, .020" oversize. Engine has been rebuilt.

The .006 means the last shop that surfaced the head removed .006" during surfacing. :wink:

Aaron,

Tear down looks good. Chey is definitely in her element. Maybe she would to do the surfacing on the milling machine? Let her set it up, and run the handles... :2thumbs:

the .5 on the pistons means those pistons are a 1/2 mm larger diameter, .020" oversize. Engine has been rebuilt.

The .006 means the last shop that surfaced the head removed .006" during surfacing. :wink:

I think that is an excellent idea! :)

I cleaned up the head and stripped it down as much as I could to make the machining easier. ;) Thank you!!