HybridZ

Phlebmaster's 240Z Evolution, 56k fah-getta-bout-it. ;-)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now before you say they are ugly yellow...remember I am going to paint them black. :D These are the wheels I got from Megan..(zrac3r) Thanks Megan!~!

I picked up some nice n wide tires yesterday from BRAAP. He is a pretty cool guy! I used a manual Harbor Freight tire changer and did this myself last night. It has been 20 years since I last used a tire changer...it's just like riding a bike. :D

23rk9vm.jpg

Does this all seem familiar?? Remember my 620?? lol

28cirux.jpg

2vdkyz4.jpg

o7q7ms.jpg

3353v2s.jpg

311t8u8.jpg

28ltoxu.jpg

I now have 3 4 lug wheels with tire that have 80% tread on them and a matching set of 2 14x7 wheels with no tires. I am going to sell the wheels with tires for $30.00 and throw the 14x7 rims in free to someone who needs them. They are strait...I figured out what the problem was. My lug nuts were not the tapered type so my wheel was off center. Thanks to Paul for explaining that to me. :D

211pizr.jpg

9satfa.jpg

r1ygzo.jpg

• Administrators

Those wheels look tons better! :2thumbs:

Thanks for coming out and hanging with us, had a good time chatting Datsun with you. After you left I did get a little more done on my project, will update that on Monday.

Looking forward to further updates... :wink:

Take care,

Paul

I fixed a leaky gas line from the vapor tank and replaced my pass fender in addition to changing the tires. lol :D I R Tired now!

I discovered this leaky hose the last time I put gas into my 240z. I had never filled it up to the top before then. :eek:

So here goes the process of dropping the tank and replacing the hose.

2qxxhki.jpg

264jpjm.jpg

1264pi9.jpg

o0yyq9.jpg

i775gx.jpg

Over all it went pretty smooth. :cool:

Here is the passenger fender swap. :D

The new fender waiting for install.

nmj910.jpg

The old fender before removal.

14aacjs.jpg

Here we go........

2dhgyo7.jpg

2r7szr4.jpg

1582iwz.jpg

k0lzzr.jpg

168x74j.jpg

You can see the rust on my old fender.....

2r76he0.jpg

2pt6z2a.jpg

I also have a couple of other supprises under my sleeve thanks to Paul. :)

2qimjpu.jpg

jsjdae.jpg

2modu1w.jpg

So why'd you paint them yellow if you intend on painting them black anyway? :lol: Looking forward to paint pics!

Long story...I was going to paint the car yellow. :D

I think those rims would look good if you lowered the car and painted the car yellow

I want to stiffen the rear suspention and lower the front just a bit. I can't go too low right now because of my exhaust. :cool:

What hoses did you use to replace the fuel lines? Mine are rotting in basically the exact same place (if I fully fill the car, I get gas on the ground :()

Hahahaha...yeah, my wife was NOT impressed with the gas all over our parking space.

I replaced it with 3/8" fuel line. My other lines are in good enough shape I did not need to replace them yet. It was the line that goes into the top on the tank from the bottom of the vapor separator tank.

I really dig that 620, hope the Z comes out just as nice! :)

Thanks! She was my baby for two years. I intend on making the 240Z even better.

That exhaust came out nice, likeing the motorswap right after purchase lol

I am very happy with the way my exhaust sounds. I am seriously considering saving up for a L28e, or maybe even an L28et depending on resources I have available when I am ready. :cool:

I might have to change the title to;

"Phlebmaster's 240Z Evolution, Broadband, fah-getta-bout-it. ;-)"

:lmao:

You're not kidding. Even with Comcast cable internet, this thread doesn't load all that quickly.

On the other hand, it's good to see pretty constant progress. Keep it up!