HybridZ

Phlebmaster's 240Z Evolution, 56k fah-getta-bout-it. ;-)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you're getting good with fiberglassing Aaron? I'd love to learn how to do that myself one of these days if you feel like sharing your knowledge?

greg

I haven't actually worked with any FG as of yet...but soon. :)

Great work buddy..Slow progress but progress none the less :mrgreen:

Yeah, I know...I like to take my time and do it all at once. :burnout::lmao:

I was bored today during lunch...notice anything missing in this picture? :D

8vydr6.jpg

I also pulled my rear spoiler off and sanded down the rear hatch I traded with Skib to get his rear spoiler and filled in the big gap that was at the front of the spoiler...... :P

jz9v5z.jpg

I love my job! lol

• 2 weeks later...

I found a better deal on paint...$24.00 a gallon Polyurethane Enamel mixed to whatever color I want. :) Paint will happen sooner than later at that price.

On another note..... :mrgreen:

I was playing with some SU parts I got from Skib yesterday (thanks mang) and discovered that there are two different sized needle jets. I am not sure which to run. I tried the richer ones, but ran into too much fuel at higher RPMs.

I decided to run the longer leaner ones for now, but is there a way to tune the SU to run those richer needles? I am new at the way of the SU carb...they seem so darn simple but that confuses me. hahaha

Here is what I got, minus the intake.....

rawbi0.jpg

Can you see the needle size difference? (my camera sucks)

30silip.jpg

2iu8ccp.jpg

I also notice a difference in the piston that holds the needle...see the holes? Is there any benefit to using one over the other?

aemweh.jpg

Anyway, I now have a ton of SU parts to play with so I can learn how to get the most out of my L26. :)

Hey Aaron,

If you haven't yet, get the ZTherapy video or DVD. It has TONS of useful info in there about the SU's. Lots of cool little tricks too. I'd let you borrow mine to watch except i can't find them. I loaned them to Roger Wayland and after he gave them back I put them somewhere that I can't remember. Anyway, the vids will show you how to rebuild them, and provide you with a ton of tricks and info.

Greg

Thanks for the offer Greg. :)

I put on some LED turn signals to replace the 240z lights I sold. They are brighter than what the picture shows.

2ajc9kp.jpg

2z8rqs8.jpg

I now am chasing a little electrical gremlin trying to figure out why I don't have power to my brake light switch.

My hazzards work, turnsignals light up, regular running lights work......just no brake lights. :( There is no power to the brake pedal switch...so what ever that means. lol The fuse is good

I will keep on searching because I know this problem has been covered multiple times.

I think you should put in more LEDs - a lot more. I really doubt that I would be able to see them from a reasonable distance, unless they are significantly brighter than the picture shows. If you put them behind the grill, that would look cool. Wouldn't be able to see them unless they were on.

I think you should put in more LEDs - a lot more. I really doubt that I would be able to see them from a reasonable distance, unless they are significantly brighter than the picture shows. If you put them behind the grill, that would look cool. Wouldn't be able to see them unless they were on.

Yeah...since they use almost no power I can get creative. I plan on using the LED strip of lights I saw someone here put around their headlights. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=149652

That looks awesome, it was sort of like the LEDs on the Audi head lights. Eventually I will switch my tail lights to LEDs also.

First I have to track down my brake light problem.