HybridZ

How much trouble has your Z/ZX gotten you into?

Challenger

Has your car kept you out of trouble or got you into trouble?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Has your car kept you out of trouble or got you into trouble?

• Got me into trouble..
    • Kept me out of trouble..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've been pulled over in the 300zx twice. Once for taillights and the other time for "street racing"

Me and my friend was messing around at night on the interstate and an off duty cop saw us wizz past. He says he "toped out" his suv to catch up to us. Me and my friend pulled off on this exit and he followed us, he tried to get up beside us to pull us over and my friend "accidentally" ran him off the road. He said he didnt see him but I dunno, I stayed in the same lane. He then chased down my friend and yelled for him to shut off his vehicle and that he was calling backup... He came back to my car and said that I was streetracing and going well over 100... (accually only going 95... but it was in a 55). He has no proof, takes us to court, I get a slap on the wrist and a traffic school referral.

ALL of my trouble has been in my Corolla since only recently I have gotten my Z up and runnin'

The first ticket I was bumper clocked by a unmarked car at night goin 61/45.

The second was acting stupid with my dad in a rich residential area. Goin 63/35 plus a $200 addition fine. Cop was nice though didnt hit me with reckless just speeding.

Those two tickets and the fact that everytime I drive the Z I am afraid to open it up on city streets because the exahuast is so loud has cause me to eb very cautious. Heck whenever im on the interestate I'm check my rear view to be sure no one is pacing me. I am skeptical of ANY GM and FORD car cause ive seen it all as undercover cops.

Even when I do open it up and I am by a cop by mistake I usually dont get harrased cause they figure its an old car so the exhaust is old.

LMAO, dude these are some funny stories. I haven't gotten trouble in a Z before, but I do have some rather tame stories compared to all of these.

First speeding ticket was 55 in a 35, everyone was piled up in the left lane so I take my moms 99 Grand Am and race past on the right. Officer walks out into my lane and signals me over.

Second ticket, was trying to race from Bowling AFB in MD to my house in Northern VA. I got pulled over after cop was chasing me for 2 miles I believe. Officer mentioned I wasn't going to pull you over I was going after the silver car doing 80 something, but you passed him. I was doing 94 in a 55, license suspended for 6 months I believe, because officer told judge I smiled when he told me how fast I was going. I did manage to make it home in 8 minutes though.

Third ticket 57 in a 35, same thing, everyone in left lane, so I get in right lane darn motorcycle cops sitting over there handing out tickets. License suspended 30 days again because of infraction while on probation

Fourth ticket 65 in a 45, headed off to a job interview left late come around a corner darn patrol man just sitting in the median. License suspended again because of a U turn ticket I received on probation

Fifth ticket 88 in a 55, leaving a girlfriends house in Charlotte, heading home to VA, officer sitting at in angle facing oncoming traffic between both sides of highway. He pulls out races after me, tells me to get out of the car, lets me know my license is suspended in VA, gives me a ticket.

Received a warning for rearending some lady, she stopped suddenly for no reason and I didn't see it in time. I did no damage to her car messed up mines a bit 4 door Honda Civic. Officer basically said get the hell out of here NOW, I see you have a suspended license. That was the only break I have ever received from a officer and I owe him big. Week later literally to the day not paying attention look to my right look ahead of me ram the back of a Mercury Mountaineer. Hadn't taken care of everything regarding getting reinstated, go to trial, try to throw 30 days jail time at me, lawyer got it knocked down to 5 with 2 years on probation. I also totaled my 97 Nissan Altima, back then there was probably about a solid 2 year time frame where my license was suspended for the whole year. I had at last count about 20 accidents, 3 AT FAULT in 11 years. Had at one point +18 points on my license and about 15 tickets, these aren't badges of honor anymore, but bone head mistakes I made in the past.

Now I drive a 05 545 as my daily driver and I don't push it past 10 over the speed limit unless I am following someone going faster than me. I get pulled over plenty of times because I don't back down from police, I am not going to go the speed limit and walk on egg shells because the police are there. I will go 5 over the speed limit, I have actually gotten pulled over because of this.

Officer: You know why I pulled you over?

Me: Because it is a slow night and you have nothing else to do.

Officer: Excuse me.

Wife: Jermaine don't give them a reason.

Me: Sigh. I don't know why you pulled me over, why don't you tell me.

Officer: Because you flew past me when I was on the right back there.

Me: Oh ok.

Officer: Here is your warning.

Had another officer run my plates, for no reason at all, but speeds off when I walk out my house to drive off. Cops are punks with badges, not all of them but majority of them.

Edit: I have been to traffic school every other year, I in fact know the lady by first name. Her comment to me last time is Jermaine, do you want to start teaching the class next time because you already know everything we teach. Again it's not a badge of honor to get a lot of tickets, but don't drive like you are scared of the police either when they are around.

Cops are punks with badges, not all of them but majority of them.

This is somewhat unfair, they are there to protect the population.

While I don't agree with getting a ticket because they thought I was pulling shenanigans simply because I have a loud exhaust, I don't think that they are 'punks' who just want to mess with people.

I always cringe when I hear things like that.

I got pulled over for the 10th time today. U of A police department. No ticket, just wondering why I was so loud. I can not WAIT to get the turbo swap going, my new exhaust will help immensely methinks.

The UAPD guy was pretty cool, he kept complimenting the Zed and before I left said "If you ever think of getting rid of the car give me a holler" :)

Ofiicer: "So, I see you have the racing seatbelts, have you done anything else to make it a race car?"

Me: "Um.. I've put some new springs and struts on it because my old ones were old"

I assumed they didn't want to hear my modification list haha

Yeah alot of people have a bad incident with a cop and then think every cop is a dick. I have met alot of cops that are really cool. Super laid back, down to earth and just nice people. Dont make generalizations.

Same here, most of the cops I've dealt with were really cool. Even when they definitely didn't have to be lol

First time I went to pick up an old girlfriend, her guardian (adopted) asked me about my $365 94 in a 55 ticket. He was chill though because he knew I was a good kid because he had seen me around the gym before. Then another time I was working out at the gym and he was on duty saying hi to the guy who owned it, so he decided to hand cuff me in front of everyone and pull me out of the gym. He's a cool guy.

Then another time I was working out at the gym and he was on duty saying hi to the guy who owned it, so he decided to hand cuff me in front of everyone and pull me out of the gym. He's a cool guy.

Rofl, oh yeah, really sounds like a cool guy.:icon56:

I guess since this thread basically became "What kind of experiences have you had with the 5-0?", I'll toss in my bit.

I bought a motorcycle this past semester at college. A 2004 Honda 599. First road bike I've ever owned (at 19). When my first year of college ended, I headed home that night at around 11PM. It's a 170 mile ride home. I was riding through Caldwell, TX from College Station, TX where it drops from a 70 to a 55. My speedometer is just about 10% over and I'm already doing an indicated 55 before the cop ever sees me. I continue riding through the town (all the way down to a 35mph zone) and sit at a light. I caught the tail end of the green-red change so I had to sit for a couple minutes. As soon as I get moving again, I see a cop light me up. I pull into the nearest parking lot, pissed off as can be that I got pulled over for obeying the law. He says "I clocked you for 68 in the 55 zone." I say, "Sir, I guarantee I wasn't doing 68. He replies, "I guarantee you don't want to argue with me." He runs my ID and insurance, essentially throws them out his cruisers' window to me and flew off.

I should've mentioned that I was on my way to a friend's party in San Antonio that night. I get there, we have a good time. The following morning, I'm riding to my house finally. I'm going through a neighboring neighborhood and feeling sick/hungover so I'm kinda "moving". As soon as I make it into mine, I hear a "whoop whoop" and get even more uneasy. He said he clocked me at 45 in a 30 and asked for my papers. I figured I was nailed this time. He comes back from his cruiser and says "Hey man, I'm not going to write you a ticket. It's a beautiful day to ride, but SLOW YOUR ASS DOWN." I hesitate to ride down that road now.

Some cops are nice, some, not so much.

Only one moving violation in my Z: Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle because I made a left into my driveway instead of parking it on the right.

He didn't like it when I told him to turn off his lights because "this is a quiet neighborhood." After conducting a meeting of our Mutual Admiration Society, he wrote me up. Kinda lame, but coulda been worse...

Props to Tony D for the clockwise-counterclockwise Indy 500 line. (Oh man, you know that's going to be the only thing going through my head if a cop uses the Indy line with me. I don't need to add smart-@ss comments to my repetoire...)

This is somewhat unfair, they are there to protect the population.

While I don't agree with getting a ticket because they thought I was pulling shenanigans simply because I have a loud exhaust, I don't think that they are 'punks' who just want to mess with people.

I can see why you might take offense to what I said, but I specifically said that some are but not all. Is that still an incorrect statement, I mean if it wasn't then we wouldn't have so many dirty cops behind bars, right or wrong?

Yeah alot of people have a bad incident with a cop and then think every cop is a dick. I have met alot of cops that are really cool. Super laid back, down to earth and just nice people. Dont make generalizations.

I have had many bad incidents with cops, most of the time they are hassling me because I don't bend and cower behind them like everyone else. I will say again most cops are punks with badges but not all, I take every cop I come across like a grain of salt and let them display to me just what type of person they are. I have cop stories for days because of my attitude, getting paced for 3 miles while the cop waits for me to make a mistake. Then speeds off after everything comes back clear for my driving record and my insurance, if they want to protect and serve go look for leads on how to take care of gangs and drugs not someone obeying the speed limit or going 5 over the speed limit.

I get pulled over any time that i drive my car(i live in danville).

I did get pulled over one time in which i was accused of speeding by my neighbor, which was funny because at the time they called the cops on me saying i was speeding was right when my car ran out of gas. So i was rolling down the street at about 15mph(guess that was to fast for them). Ofcourse when the cops drive by im at the spot still(since i WAS OUT OF GAS, making it impossible for me to speed!). When he got out of the car he came up to me and my hood was opened and he looked inside and saw the valve cover and said, "oh, this is turbo?" and i replied "oh.. uhhh.. nooooo.. i just put that valve cover on because it looked cool(hoping he would buy it), and he said, "oh, thats cool"(he bought it) and then he rambled on about how he had a 510 when he was young.

that was probably the only time i have ever gotten pulled over(well i guess i didnt really get pulled over) in my 280z and not gotten a ticket or anything. thank god that cop didnt know what he was looking at.

Hmm my Z hasn't gotten me into any trouble yet. Drove right in front of a CHP just the other day with NO side view mirrors at all, was still waiting for them to show up.

Honestly Ive gotten all my tickets in my Toyota 4x4, doesn't help I drive it like its stolen in hopes coaxing a rod to exit that 3vze's block. Would be a good excuse for a 7mgte swap now that the Z is done!

I have had many bad incidents with cops, most of the time they are hassling me because I don't bend and cower behind them like everyone else.

Well it sounds like you're a punk with a set of keys. The speed limit is the LAW and if you KNOWINGLY break the LAW, you have no right to complain about getting caught! If the speed limit sign is 35, that means 35 not 35-45 or whatever you feel like today. Until you start to respect the law and those who enforce it, don't expect any respect from them.

I'm driving in Montana two years ago, on my home from Bakersfield, CA to Calgary, doing 88 in a 75. Cop comes over the hill, hits the lights, screams across the meridian to my side of the highway. I pull over right away. Big beefy farm boy gets out of the cruiser. My sphincter is convulsing at the thought of a night in a Montana jail cell.

Cops come up to the window. "I see you're from Canada. We like our Canadian visitors. That'll be $40 cash."

Then he leans in the window, right in my face. "Payable right NOW."

Whipped out a couple of twenties and spent the next five minutes telling him about all the mods in my car.

Did I mention how much I like driving in Montana?

Well it sounds like you're a punk with a set of keys. The speed limit is the LAW and if you KNOWINGLY break the LAW, you have no right to complain about getting caught! If the speed limit sign is 35, that means 35 not 35-45 or whatever you feel like today. Until you start to respect the law and those who enforce it, don't expect any respect from them.

If someone wants respect then they need to give respect, approaching my car window with an attitude then you won't get any respect. You can call me a punk if you want, but it makes no difference to me I will continue to drive the way I do. Do you live in VA if not then your comment doesn't apply here, you drive the flow of the traffic not the speed limit. If the flow of the traffic is going 45 in a 35, then you drive 45 or get off the road. I also think you might want to read my previous posts in this thread before saying I am complaining, I was swapping stories with other people and telling them my dislike for many cops but not all of them. If you did read my previous posts I assume you think it is alright for a cop to run my plates while parked at a friends house, then when I come out to move my car you go speeding off. The cop takes the long way around of the street causing us to pass by each other again, I stop so that he sees I want to talk to him and drives right by. I suppose to you I wasn't giving him any respect and I was being a punk for wanting to ask him why he was running my plates, and why he decided to speed off when I am moving my car.

The first time I ever got pulled over was while doing a 95 in a 50 with my Celica and I was just 16 and thought I was gonna be in BIG trouble (I've never even seen a cop before so I didn't know at all what to expected) so I had a little nervous breakdown and ended up trying to get the cop to shoot me...he told my mom I needed to see a psychiatrist.

Next time I didn't technically get pulled over, I hit the ditch at around 100 MPH because the Celica oversteered in the curve. Tire came off rim. The people in the area called the cops thinking that there might have been injuries. A guy in a Dodge truck pulled my car out the ditch before the cop showed up and he told the cop that he was behind me and that my tire blew out while driving. Needless to say the cop didn't believe it because the tire was blown "in" instead of out so I got a reckless driving for that one.

The day I just got my Mustang and was driving it from the place I got it I got pulled over on the highway. It happened just after I downshifted from 5th and punched it, just to see how good the car would perform. It went up to 100 in what felt like a blink of an eye at the time (first car I've ever driven with more than 100 horsepower, now the Mustang feels slow to me). So when the cop pulled me over I thought he clocked me when I did the 100, instead he pulled me over because he couldn't see the temp tag in the tinted rear window so I didn't get anything with that.

I got pulled over on a 35 mph side road driving my drunk brother home from his friend's house. My speedo on the Mustang is off, I just know I was cruising at like 1200 RPM to keep it quit in I think 4th gear so the cop pulled me over for I think it was a 44...while my speedo actually read almost 55, shows how much the speedo is off. Oh, that was no proof of insurance too because unknowingly to me I still had the expired proof in my car.

None of those were Z's though. The only trouble I got in the Z was with money. It ran when I got it so I was trying to take it to school with me, from Arkansas to Pennsylvania. Well, it ran good until halfway through Missouri, the battery died so I needed a jump start at the gas station. Whenever I pushed in the clutch or had the car in neutrel it would just started reving up by itself so I had to keep it in gear to keep the revs down. Then when I saw the oil pressure gauge was reading 0 I decided to just give up on the venture and ended up having a $750 tow bill because of it.

Replaced battery and altenator and still didn't start so my parents took it to a shop and they said the carburators were dead so I wasn't getting any fuel. Well then I decided to splurge on the AZC intake with a Holley 390...still didn't start. I didn't get any spark but I didn't have enough time to really further diagnose anything because I had to leave for school again. But I get to go back and check it out more this weekend. I can't wait either, I actually feel like I'm gonna get it running, good, this time.

Other troubles I've had was blowing up the T5 and busting the rear sub-frame on my Mustang. I got another T5 for $25 from a friend, but I blew reverse out of that on a hill in Pittsburgh though. I also have the rear-subframe welded up and reinforced with some plate...still don't really trust it though. As long as it holds until I can start driving the Z, I'll be happy.