HybridZ

Look at the turbo I just won!!!

Don't ask me what I'm going to do with it...lol Hell, I don't even know what it really is. I'll just have to wait and see once I get it, but to pay $167 for a brand new genuine Garrett turbo, I think I did ok...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140340255735&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

byjzsg2kkgrhgohcwejlllu.th.jpg

byjyfigbwkkgrhgohc4ejll.th.jpg

ebaystuff033.th.jpg

ebaystuff034.th.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varible Geometry Turbo... You can change the pitch of the blades during operation to get the best of all worlds... Good response with lots of top end power. The problem will be controlling it.

VGTs come on the new dodge cummins diesel trucks nowadays - I've never seen Garrett with one.

Could be a turbo for a Ford Powerstroke diesel. They came with the Garrett VNT. I believe they are controlled via oil pressure.

I think I see a oil pressure solenoid in the next to last pic. This may be interesting.. My Tec3 can control extra devices via a user controlled table, so after I have a look at it, I will ask the resident Tec3r guru over on the Electromotive forum http://electromotivetec.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=8b54c6e16e624395d48caca572a6b435

The smaller VNT's used on the VW diesels are controlled via a wastegate-like pressure pot and a computer controlled air solenoid.....very easy to make work on just about anything. The Holset HE351VE can also be controlled mechanically with an external wastegate and an extra WG actuator. Remove all the fancy electronics and theres a lever just like on an internal WG!

This turbo, however looks like it's electronically controlled, and if you had the computer to run it, you could end up having a turbo setup with crazy fast spool and awesome response and still put out big numbers. I'm excited.

I emailed and asked about this. Here is the response back..

"Dear rb26powered74zcar,

I have two more, I will get your shipping info when I get home. It was to

be picked up this afternoon.

-malakanhi"

You joke, but the pictures *are* exactly the same.....

We'll see how things turn out. I'm no different than anyone else who buys on ebay. You take your chances. One thing is 100% though, I will not loose a penny on this purchase. I use my AMEX card when I buy off ebay :2thumbs:

BTW, I would use the same pics too if I had more than one to sell, so that does not alarm me :D

Everything will work out... watch.:cheers: