HybridZ

Pic Request of tires on 16x9, 16x9.5 Wats!

aright guys looking for some photos of your tires stretched and non stretched on some watanabes!

There are only a few tires that are able to fit the wide 9 to 9.5, 16in wheels. I know that the hancook ventus RS2's are popular. But unfortunately they are discontinued? any other good tires out there for the wats? looking for 245/45/16 or around that range, i'm willing to stretch but not too much?

tried searching but not too much luck?? thanks in adavance guys!:2thumbs:

Ok here are some pics of mine. The fronts are 225/50/16 on a RS Watanabes 16x8.5 -6 and the rears are 245/45/16 on 16x9.5 -19

First some pics of the rubber fitted - Toyo RA1 (click on images to see larger pics)

thumbs_wheels4.jpg

Now some pics of the rim fitted to Dad's old S31 Fairlady Z with stock suspension and body work - showing the stretch on the fronts

thumbs_testfitwheels7.jpg thumbs_testfitwheels4.jpg

And now the test fit on my zed with the custom steel flares - no spring just blocks of wood to check what a fully compressed height would be like to ensure inner guards were made with enough clearance.

thumbs_testfitwheelswithflares6.jpg thumbs_testfitwheelswithflares7.jpg thumbs_testfitwheelswithflares2.jpg thumbs_testfitwheelswithflares1.jpg

Hancook Ventus 245/45/r16. They do not get the job done.

I see they now have a few 265's out there. I will prolly move to a 265 rear with my next set of tires and maybe most to a 245/50 in the front.

265 - who makes those - would be good to know if I can get these here in NZ :)

Hancook Ventus 245/45/r16. They do not get the job done.

I see they now have a few 265's out there. I will prolly move to a 265 rear with my next set of tires and maybe most to a 245/50 in the front.

DSC_0070_Large_2.sized.jpg

i here ya man... i really want some 265's but the sidewalls i want to keep it at 45's... 50's look a little too meaty for me. The Ventus RS2's were my original choice. But they are discontinued? hmmm

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

voltron that car is sexy !

Thanks, dislexicdime

@Voltron, nice car. Too bad Yokohama discontinued that size.

Yeah, it sucks that now in days it's impossible to find 245/45 16 on any tire brand.

Voltron,Love your car, it looks so aggressive.

Thanks, Nelsonian