HybridZ

Driver's side headlight went dim...

Out of the blue last night, my driver's side headlight dimmed to about 1/2 its normal output.

Initial guess is the bulb is dying, but is there a known issue that would cause this? I've checked all of the connections I can get at without tools.

If it is just the driver side then I would suspect the connection.

Check your connections in front of your radiator, (all those wires that run from one side to the other) and make sure one of the connectors are not getting loose and check your grounds as always. :mrgreen:

BRAAP got it. Fiddling with the fuses brought it right back to full brightness.

Thanks! I love easy, quick solutions to a seemingly complex problem.

Paul is correct, Nissan designed it so if the fuse blows at 10pm you won't be completely dark, its enough so you can still drive to get it repaired. Freaked me out the first time it happened to me.

• 2 months later...
Paul is correct, Nissan designed it so if the fuse blows at 10pm you won't be completely dark, its enough so you can still drive to get it repaired. Freaked me out the first time it happened to me.

Just one problem, corrosion anywhere in the system causes heat and burns up your fusebox and takes the stalk switch out as well. They switch ground and do not use relays... and because they fuse the power side and switch the ground dirt along the path really makes a mess of the early fuseboxes, and the switch stalks on the lates.

Likely the fuse was falling apart (as they seem to want to do these days) and jiggling it reconnected the overworked element. My advice: replace the fuses on the lights every two or three years at the outside, and you will never have to worry about driving someplace to fix your lights because an overworked fuse element got hot and 'sagged' out of the melted solder at the endcap...:mrgreen: