HybridZ

ZCC - Custom Tail Project (Rear Spoiler)

palauoriginal

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Guys,

Was directed to this thread, thought I'd chime in.

Yes, this is a part made by Paulo, and yes he doesn't have the best of comments.... The part is a very nice piece though, and in comparision to some of the tails, I would think it is much more functional than most. It reminds me of my 3 piece IMSA tail, but with a bit more flare with the shape changes. Fitment is very good.

I've sold several to many members here.... Any one have photo's yet installed.

Someone has to!

I'm working on it!!!! I'll ask my body guy to move forward with the mounting of the spoiler this week, drill holes etc.

If you're expecting PERFECT carbon fiber on this part (weave) you may want to build your own. Although the CF is nice it is not perfect, there are some waves in the weave. It would be damn near impossible to get this part perfect with the shape of it. If you look closely you'll see that there are indentations on either side of the top of the spoiler that makes it very difficult to make perfect.

It is however a very nice part, if what I wrote scares you consider the fiberglass one that Brian sells.

I have a CF part here in my shop.. I'll weigh it today and let you know the #'s. I have a FG part at the my builders shop. If I get a chance, I'll get him to get me a weight as well.

Since I don't build them (YET!! ).... I can't comment on the clear coat.

Here is some info for you guy's that you might like.

I had the chance to meet with a kid who for the last 4yrs has been training in composites and mold building w/ probubly one of the top 3 composite builder in the nation. Needless to say, it was just by coincidence that I had this oppurtunity.

Anyway, he looked at this tail and was not super impressed by his standards. I told him that there may be some interest if it was improved in quality. Basicly this brought us to talking about molds.

Right now the tail is 1layer of carbon, and 2layers of glass on the backside. The tail CF/ weighs 7lbs, and it has faded seams that hides the seams, but also hids the CF look.............. He's saying that he can build me a mold, and a part that will keep the CF look t/o the part. He's also positive, that the part will be made of 2 layer of CF ( NO FG ) and will weigh in around 2lbs or less ( 4lbs less!!), with better strength. The price would be around the same $350-399 per part.

So, Obviously before I spend the money, I want to hear from you guy's, how many of you could give me a positive, "I'd want it if you make it like that"?........... For those who want FG, that will be done as well for a cheaper cost.