HybridZ

Its Official, First Time Datsun Owner here!

So I have wanted a 240z for a long time (since I could drive), but I never really could find one I really liked, or didn't have time for a project, or whatever. Anyways I put up a want ad last week and a guy 3 hours from my house gave me a call. I saw a couple of camera phone pics and decided it was worth having a look. This wasn't a $200 steal, but I got a good deal non the less.

Presenting:

1972 240z

71182 Original Miles

New paint job and a radio, but the rest is all original.

There is really no rust.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

It was pretty late, so I will take a ton of pics tomorrow when I get a chance.

^I can't tell my only secret! It was actually more than I had anticipated paying, but worth it. I just took my wife for a ride around the block and a guy and his wife followed us home and asked if we'd sell it already! Of Course I said no!

The car does have three minor problems:

1. Tail Lights aren't turning on with the headlights (break lights work)

2. Heater doesn't work

3. The Driver's window is already off the track. I rolled it down once and that was that. I got to drive home in 20 degree weather with the window down!

Aside from these three minor issues the car is excellent. I am sure all three should turn out to be easy fixes. Maybe the rears are as simple as just bulbs even?

i've never done taillight work, but who needs the heater anyways? it's all about having AC baby.

my passenger door wasn't going down all the way when i first got my Z i took of the door panel recently took out some home made sound deadener foam that the original owner put it tinkered with it a bit and it rolled down fine after.

HAHHA i laughed when i imagined this in my head

^I can't tell my only secret! It was actually more than I had anticipated paying, but worth it. I just took my wife for a ride around the block and a guy and his wife followed us home and asked if we'd sell it already! Of Course I said no!

The car does have three minor problems:

1. Tail Lights aren't turning on with the headlights (break lights work)

2. Heater doesn't work

3. The Driver's window is already off the track. I rolled it down once and that was that. I got to drive home in 20 degree weather with the window down!

Aside from these three minor issues the car is excellent. I am sure all three should turn out to be easy fixes. Maybe the rears are as simple as just bulbs even?

Do the Interior lights work? and do the side marker lights work? if they dont turn on with the brake lights, its the little tab at the end of the shaft for you headlight tab. and then its a little tab in there that might be broke, or the metal isnt touching.

1.So I think the regulator is bad on the drivers door window. I got the window up and solid, but I am going to need to find a regulator and replace it.

2.Heaters never work

3. Got the tail lights figured out. Just a fuse had blown (was my first guess). That fuse box was pretty hard to find! Some lucky guessing and there she was!

Here are some more pics from today. I will take some underbody ones tomorrow.

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

Sweet find...looks really clean (especially for a snow-belt car)!

I'll bet that was a chilly ride home with no heater and the window stuck down!!!

I can relate to the cold, no heater, -25 doing 75 on the highway with the window down acting as my defroster haha