HybridZ

Crazyoctopus 1972 240z build up (long first post)

Your angles on your LCA are way to steep .. it will couse far more body roll than you want ( and im going to leave the fact your bumbsteer issues that arise from this)

Youl need 'roll center adjusters'or bumb steer spacer for this !!!

BUT that car is sexy!

glad you enjoy what i have done to the car!

so far lots of fun on the street; just have to think about where I am going to make sure that I avoid all of the big dips, and speed bumps.

and frank yah, i didnt adjust the front because the roll center adjusters arrived later in the day.

also because of the ride height changes, I had to order a set of TTT Rear Control arms so that I can get rid of some rear camber and fix the massive toe-in. The car will probably be on jack stands most of this week to make sure I save the tyres, and get everything replaced that needs to be.

just had a horrid dealing with New Old Stock Motorsport, they suck balls at taping their boxes closed correctly so I didnt get the shifter bushings like i was hoping to... the roll center adjusters look great and didnt fall out of the box while in transport. Not to mention their communication, rather contact skills, are EXTREMELY lacking. My advice, stay far far away.

Just ordered a set of RLCA from techno toy tuning, and will have the documentation of that install (not looking forward to removing the spindle pin) when the time comes.

And once all this is done with the car and I have the car's ride height exactly where I want it, corner balanced, and aligned I will be taking a financial break from the car and just drive it. Reason for the financial break is because i just bought a new camera and should be saving right now instead of spending like I have been.

Running total of the car (with recently purchased parts included) $5080

Edited by crazyoctopus

couple random updates on the car front.

NOS Motorsports sent me a set of brass shifter bushings free of charge, so they are back on my good graces. Unfortunately I had already bought another set from set from summit-engineering, so now I have an extra set of brass shifter bushings.

I installed my strut spacers from NOS and because they are the biggest ones you can buy I ran into a clearance issue with the wheel weights. So I took the wheels to the local tyre shop and had them relocate the balance weights to the center of the wheel; this solved the clearance issue.

4625112835_a925838040_b.jpg

I am waiting to get my RLCAs in from TTT and will have photos of that "fun" install when the time comes. MSA exchanged the header free of charge (super fantastic), and will have pictures of that once it is in the car. And I am about to order a brake proportioning valve to resolve the weird brake feel, photos when the time comes for the install.

Crazy, I just want to let you know that you have done a great job in this thread. Well written, good photos, and great insight into what works(for you) and does not! Its been an interesting read for me even though I have no plans or interest to do many of your mods.

Once again, Great job!

hah, thanks oldhemi!

here are some updated shots and videos of the engine and exhaust with the new headers installed

Here are some reminder shots of how low the exhaust was hanging before I cut it...

4590757506_5a42dde0bf_b.jpg

4561786882_9b3fcab5af_b.jpg

How much I cut off the Header to suck it into transmission tunnel

4636524829_36f43ae49a_b.jpg

And now it hangs now.

4637128534_cdfff88cbc_b.jpg

4636516565_3e3a06fdc6_b.jpg

4637131196_8f2d8517c5_b.jpg

street 8kg/6kg.

depending on how they handle I may be changing them to a 8kg/8kg; however, I still sway bars and bushings to upgrade before that happens. And btw i know the pitfalls of running a symmetrical spring rate, but it worked on my old FC.