HybridZ

Crazyoctopus 1972 240z build up (long first post)

I have to work out a couple more of the specifics on the engine swap before I start posting about it, but as far as i can tell this will be a first into a 240z; it has been talked about but never put into action.

I live in northern San Diego county in Fallbrook (10min south of Temecula)

Dang you live not to far from me! sweet ride by the way

I have done the rotary thing. While it can be reliable, I want it to be honda reliable.

And since I have finally figured out the last bit of my problems, well there is still one more to go but that is a trial and error, i'll post pictures and my reasoning before friday.

Think KA24de price, SR20det power, and honda reliability.

I was already throwing the idea around, but having josh there to answer all of my questions and have all of the parts i need to do convert the 8v to 16v really pushed it even farther.

and when you think about it, why not? with the set-up that I am going to run (even with my baby turbo) I will be making at least 200 wheel HP. While that may not seem like alot, it is going to cost less than a KA24de engine, all of the parts can be found in the junkyard, and for the cost of an ecu chip you can easily achieve 300+hp.