HybridZ

ok, what do you make of this???? HG Failure....

jc052685

I just skimmed over the thread again but don't see the timing table. Perhaps you can post it?

And are you sure that you have it calibrated properly? In other words, have you confirmed with a timing light that what you have entered in the table matches what you measure with the light?

All the tuning is done on a POS dell that does not even have WLAN. Its runs just good enough to do the job, not sure I can get in on the internet but I will try. I have 2 other laptops that just dont seem to want to comunicate with the msns.

I stated above I am going to double check timming as I have to do the oil pump gasket anyway.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If nothing else answers you problem. Did it blow in the identical spot? stupid answer but have you checked for warpage or a crack in your head in that spot?

I think I already stated it but.... it is a fresh head this time around as the last time it melted the deck between 3 and 4.

But is is back and running so yeah, I took some pics of the gasket and it blew the side out of number 5.

FWIW, on my old N42/N42 turbo, I was pulling 4 degrees out of the peak tq timing to eradicate audible pinging on an uphill full-throttle run. Now that wasn't your typical missfiring, black smoke, engine-lunching detonation, but it is an indication of the sort of thing you need to do.

WLAN?! - heck, my tuning laptop barely has a 32-bit processor and I can still extract timing maps from it.

Show us your maps and I have a feeling that the cause will stand out like a sore thumb.

:)

All the tuning is done on a POS dell that does not even have WLAN. Its runs just good enough to do the job, not sure I can get in on the internet but I will try. I have 2 other laptops that just dont seem to want to comunicate with the msns.

Have you run the port check yet? That might fix the communication issues with your other laptops. MS will only recognize my Compaq through one USB port and I have three.

If you still can't fix it, just throw the MSQ onto a jump drive, I'm thinking your timing has to be pretty far off and you "tune" needs to be seen if anyone is goign to help you out.

I had a very similar issue. Turned out I was using a L28E gasket on a L28ET engine and that gasket blanked up all the (3?) coolant galleries on the manifold side of the engine. Popped within a few miles twice before I clued in.

Take the head gasket off and check that its not doing the same thing, blocking coolant galleries on the manifold side of the engine maybe?

Dave

Will you post up the timing maps?

Perhaps you can just take a picture of the screen with your camera if a screenshot is too difficult? Without seeing timing maps it's hard to make any recommendations. It also limits what the rest of us can learn from what you're going through.

Perhaps you can just take a picture of the screen with your camera if a screenshot is too difficult? Without seeing timing maps it's hard to make any recommendations. It also limits what the rest of us can learn from what you're going through.

There's a print screen key for that.

And Xnke is right, pull lots of timing, and then add a little back in slowly.