HybridZ

New seats and carpet in, help identify this piece of carpet.

Guest TurboHatch

Guest TurboHatch

Yesterday I installed my new carpet kit and leather GSR seats. but i cant figure out where this one piece of carpet goes, actually its two pieces. Oh and here is a pic of the GSR seats and drivers side carpet view.

CIMG1394.jpg

and carpet i cant figure out.

CIMG1395.jpg

When I bought my set off a guy on ebay, I had pieces that appeared to go nowhere. I discovered they were "suppose" to fit under/behind the seats.

I ended up having to make patterns and send them to him. He made perfect matches, and I ended up with a nice looped pile kit in gun metal gray..

http://photobucket.com/My_New_RBZ_Gray_Carpet_Kit

CLICK

th_dcp_0020.jpg

yeah ebay guy and he said he used your templates to make the kit proper for a 240z.

So are you saying the guy I had make mine right, told you that your's was made off my patterns?

Take a look at this picture of the under and in back of seat carpet now in my car. These are the pieces I made a new pattern of and he made to fit like you see in the pic. They orig looked like the photo showing all the pieces laid out on my driveway. Do you have pieces shaped like those on my driveway?

attachment.php?attachmentid=7828&d=1215013695

yeah ebay guy and he said he used your templates to make the kit proper for a 240z.

So are you saying the guy I had make mine right, told you that your's was made off my patterns?

Take a look at this picture of the under and in back of seat carpet now in my car. These are the pieces I made a new pattern of and he made to fit like you see in the pic. They orig looked like the photo showing all the pieces laid out on my driveway. Do you have pieces shaped like those on my driveway?

attachment.php?attachmentid=7828&d=1215013695

These 4 pieces are the ones he had to make over...

dcp_0024-1.jpg?t=1262928048

Guest TurboHatch

yeah the one behind the seats looks like yours and is not the same as the one i asked for help identifying. and yes he said he sent me the new version.

yeah the one behind the seats looks like yours and is not the same as the one i asked for help identifying. and yes he said he sent me the new version.

I'm lost.... Question: Do you have the correct fitting pieces for under/behind your seats, like I've shown in my installed pics?

I ordered the same kit, and I should be receiving it soon. I sent a link to the eBay seller to see if he can answer the question. Maybe he can tell us exactly what all thirteen pieces are.

Joel, it looks like your pic only shows eleven pieces.

Guest TurboHatch
I'm lost.... Question: Do you have the correct fitting pieces for under/behind your seats, like I've shown in my installed pics?

yes and its not the same as the piece i am stumped on.

Guest TurboHatch
I got a reply back from Ben. He's not sure, but could it be a cover for the vertical cardboard panels just forward of the doors?

i tried making them fit there as i had nothing there at all, i ended up cutting my own pieces from the old carpet for there.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my carpet kit and installed it last weekend. Here's my explanation for the extra pieces. I think the kit is acutally an 11 piece kit once the installation is complete. The entire kit consists of 13 pieces with two sets of carpets that go behind the seats. Most carpet kits have different sets for different year S30's where this kit does not. I think the difference is in these pieces that fit behind the seats and allows users to use the appropirate pieces for their installation.