HybridZ

aero kit or no aero kit

Guest skimattybee

Guest skimattybee

ok so i am in the process of painting my 260, it has an aero kit on it now, i like the look of the kit but i also like tho look without the kit this is what it look like with the kit 260.jpg

260z1.jpg

this is what it would look like without

00001111.jpg except i would have side marker lights and different rims and a billet grill...

need some input, thanks

'72 240z with bumpers:

kiwirear.jpg

240z.jpg

'76 280z without bumpers (but should have a black 240 bumper on in a couple of weeks):

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

But seriously, that's something you should probably search for, as there are tons of nice s30s on this site, with and without bumpers.

Yeah, that particular kits messes with the lines of the Z, I think. It gives it more of an 80's look, rather than the 70's it was intended for.

We saw a 240Z the other day with that kit on it, and my wife asked "What kind of car is that?" I said it was the same as mine... she didn't believe me until I explained the kit. This was literally this past weekend.

Yeah, that particular kits messes with the lines of the Z, I think. It gives it more of an 80's look, rather than the 70's it was intended for.

We saw a 240Z the other day with that kit on it, and my wife asked "What kind of car is that?" I said it was the same as mine... she didn't believe me until I explained the kit. This was literally this past weekend.

I agree 110% Well put.

Definitely going to be going with "no areo" on my Z!

I'm planning on a BRE style front air dam, ZGs, fender mirrors and a 3 or 5 inch BRE style rear spoiler while shaving the side markers, antenna, rear bumper, and drip rails :)

I'll have a stock satin black front bumper to match my blacked trim. I'm still debating on shaving the "c" pillar emblems and blending the headlight buckets though...

I've never been a fan of the type 2 or 3 stuff from MSA, but I think the type 1 air dam looks great!

not very many Z cars can pull off the aero look, needs to have the perfect ride height and color.

for the most part definately non aero kit.

This has been said 1 million times and another million after that, its your car, don't ask the interwebz for your answer. Not even jeeve's can give you that answer ;)