HybridZ

ModernS30's 1972 Datsun 240z

Oh yea, its update time. Its on the ground. I have my obx. It should be ready to go in the car coming around Friday. Hopefully (fingers crossed) the engine will go in on Sunday so I can mock the transmission mount. Fuel cell is coming along well. Wiring isn't looking to bad, then again thats been done for a while. quite a bit more exterior work to do. I will let the pictures speak, you can still tell its come quite a ways.

240zdriveway.jpg

240zdriveway2.jpg

interioru.jpg

interior2m.jpg

wiringinstall.jpg

fuelcellu.jpg

fuelcell2.jpg

enginebaya.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull-a-Part 14 dollars for 2 mirrors. Look pretty good. The 240z they came off of, didn't. It still has a few good parts, in Indianapolis, also have a 300zx there. If anybody wants to check it out. I took one tail light and the garnishes and these mirrors. Transmission mount is sorta coming along. Few more kinks and some welding and it should be good. Still haven't gotten around to putting the OBX in the pumpkin yet and still need to to final work on the Fuel cell.

mirrorshz.jpg

Edited by ModernS30

• 2 weeks later...

Well, its moving, Trans mount is tacked in but my welder is giving me issues (vintage piece). I got the differential taken apart and I am starting the process of putting the obx in but I am in need of new bearings, where to get them? IDK but Nissan should have them.

Ok, bought something I shouldn't have but I got a killer deal. Just under 400 for 4 16x8 0 offset XXR 002's. My ring gear bolt spacers should be shipped out tomorrow. As soon as I get those the differential will get put back together and I can finally get the rear end under this car. Then I need to weld that stupid last bar into the Fuel Cell cage. Get fuel line, brake brackets. Finish welding up the trans mount, drop the engine in and hopefully it will run. Still lots of work. Not sure the wheels will fit without flares, we will see. I may just do the flares as it is a plan for later down the road anyway.

Well, I have it cranking and I am getting spark. Ready to attempt firing it off but Its still open headers at 11 at night. I was just going to rig the fuel pump to try to get fuel into it. Other than that I plan to fire it tomorrow. Don't think I should have to many issues. My TPS isn't exactly right though. I have a few things that need to be worked out. Other than that, hope I can get this baby running! FINALLY! pictures to come.

$40? Great find! Some people have all the luck.

Yea, you will get some, seemed like I could never find deals like that. Just got it and was super stoked. Its actually already bolted up on the car. Waiting for injectors and a few things, not really making progress. Tired.

Got my new injectors, working on brakes still. Talking with another local z owner and seeing if we can't figure out the brackets for us at a decent price to get me some prototypes and get everything setup. Then if it works out well I may be able to provide the kit to others. I still need to put my differential back together all the way just been kinda on a lazy amount here. Will get that done soon. Pictures of changes to car to come.