HybridZ

Scare your girlfriend/wife/significant other in your Z

josh817

Heheheh... I love to take passengers out for hot sessions on track. My wife decided that she will not ride in any of my Datsuns ever again. She only gets im my BMW M3 on the street, and with warnings for me to be cool.

My 6yo daughter on the other hand LOVES to go fast and LOVES the loud exhaust. We are building a shifter kart for her.

Heheheh... I love to take passengers out for hot sessions on track. My wife decided that she will not ride in any of my Datsuns ever again. She only gets im my BMW M3 on the street, and with warnings for me to be cool.

My 6yo daughter on the other hand LOVES to go fast and LOVES the loud exhaust. We are building a shifter kart for her.

Sorry but I disagree with your last statement. At what age is she getting this shifter kart and is she going to be working on it/doing repairs? I see to many kids at the race track that know nothing about the cars they drive, their parents pay for the car and they drive it. Annoys me to no end, sorry just something that bothers me.

I wish I had a shifter cart when I was young...hell I want one now! I think it is a great father -daughter project.

That's fine, so long as she works on it. Not at 6 though, shifter karts are extremely fast and dangerous. I have seen them do 120, remember you are not strapped in in any way. Its quite a ride if you crash. I am not trying to ruffle feathers, although I probably have. I just don't like seeing kids in race cars that just shouldn't be. There are 14 year olds that mommy and daddy pay for everything. They don't even work on the car, driving 800hp dirt oval track cars. At that age you shouldn't be allowed to drive something with so much power. They drive like they are never going to get hurt and they are super man. Then they get upside down and end up in the hospital. I have seen it, there was a 16 year old not to long ago that was in the hospital in a coma for a few weeks because he flipped a sprint car. Kids have no business in high powered race cars, they just don't. Sad thing is I sound like my dad.

There are quite a few different levels of karts, and shifter karts. I'm pretty sure he understands what level is appropriate for a 6 year old.

I think its a great idea for a Father/Daughter project.

EDIT: oh yeah, haha sweet vid!

Edited by Globerunner513

Kids have no business in high powered race cars, they just don't.
Do you know how old some F1 drivers are? You can't make general statements like that.

Not to mention, bjhines has a LOT of track experience. I think he knows what he is doing. I could go on, but honestly, you post reads like you are jealous, and know a few kids who had a bad crash. Which will tend to happen in racing. Lastly, I really don't see why they should have to work on it. Some people only want to drive their cars, and if they don't have to work on them, who cares? I don't.

Man I got to have my car running in august so I can do this with my girlfriend haha, funny thing is she would love it she is the dangerous crazy girl that loves roller coasters and walking down the middle of the street because it bugs me. :blink:

Do you know how old some F1 drivers are? You can't make general statements like that.

Not to mention, bjhines has a LOT of track experience. I think he knows what he is doing. I could go on, but honestly, you post reads like you are jealous, and know a few kids who had a bad crash. Which will tend to happen in racing. Lastly, I really don't see why they should have to work on it. Some people only want to drive their cars, and if they don't have to work on them, who cares? I don't.

I think if you don't work on the car, or at least learn how to, you have no idea the amount of work going into it. I will say if you put the kid into a class that suits them, with other kids. Just driving a vehicle with no concept of how it works, or how to fix it, or the amount of work that goes into fixing it is not right. Its not my choice what he does or not. Maybe he does have a lot of track experience, that is for the better. I do feel it would be a great father daughter project, but that has to stick to the Father AND daughter working on it and doing it together. Not just, daddy foots the bills, daddy works on it, daddy does it all, and she just drives. I do not know how old any of the F1 drivers are, maybe they are young, if they are under 18 they have no business being in a car that can hold that much speed. Younger people are not as responsible or wise as older people. Like I said, they don't really think it through as much. If he buys his daughter a shifter kart then hopefully he will go through everything with his daughter. Otherwise she will probably go out, no fear, pedal to the medal, especially if she likes going fast and stuff. This is all my opinion. Either way, I am done discussing it here because its is WAY off topic.

Man I got to have my car running in august so I can do this with my girlfriend haha, funny thing is she would love it she is the dangerous crazy girl that loves roller coasters and walking down the middle of the street because it bugs me. :blink:

You should have seen my mother. She almost peed her pants. There is no "oh ****" bar to grab onto and when I blipped the throttle in 2nd gear she got so scared she actually became mad and started screaming at me. I informed her we were still under the 35mph speed limit and she was like ohhh.... ;)

There are quite a few different levels of karts, and shifter karts. I'm pretty sure he understands what level is appropriate for a 6 year old.

I think its a great idea for a Father/Daughter project.

EDIT: oh yeah, haha sweet vid!

My dad did karts with me as soon as I turned 8. I was doing Yamaha 100cc heavy weight class. Unfortunately I was too heavy for lightweight, but too light for heavy weight, so we had to add lead weights around the kart. I think the weight was 250 pounds, kid in kart and everything. We ran a restrictor in the intake and then a "3 hole canister" exhaust. It was like a tiny can looking thing as compared to the big long pipe that wraps behind the seat. I never got into shifters due to the cost and stuff. Dad had actually gone backwards on the scale. He started out doing endurance racing, dropped down to racing with a club (if thats considered a drop down), then sold his car and went to karts. Its a great learning experience though. Dad always tells me that he saw me grow so much because when we first started, I'd come in and he would ask how does it feel what don't you like etc. My answer was "yah its good I guess" haha. 2 or 3 years later coming to an end with karts, I was apparently able to rattle off handling problems and stuff like that. The only thing I didn't like is that its definitely one of those sports where more money can define a winner. As you can see in the picture, there are some people that show up with huge trailers and you're like dude... its not that serious, calm down. I was always placing third in my class. The 1st place kid was a good driver, and he was well funded. He frequently lapped everyone, in a 10 minute race... 2nd place was well funded but moderate driver, he was substantially behind 1st but substantially in front of me, sucks for him being by himself. ;) I was third, and I guess I was a moderate driver with not as much funding because we had to hold out on tires and I don't remember having a rebuilt engine at all over the 2-3 year period. I'm glad I was third though because the other 5 drivers were behind me. We all wrestled for that spot, no one cared about Andrew making 1st place, because he always made 1st place and was so far ahead he was only racing himself. Hahaha Its kind of cool though, that kid won the nationals I think. Maybe he has moved on to bigger toys and is doing well in there. Would be interesting to see him be a motorsport big shot and I cans ay I raced with him, like it actually meant something. B)

2a5ydxd.jpg

2hqf49u.jpg

Oh yah and I didn't really work on it because I had no clue how to fix stuff. Dad would set it all up for me and made the proper changes according to what I said. I help him in the sense of like tire pressure, caring tool chests to our pit, little stuff like that....

Edited by josh817