HybridZ

Anyone tried 17x9,5 offset -19 with flares without cutting the fenders?

Hi all, have anyone tried fitting 17x9 offset -13 front and 17x9,5 offset -19 rear with flares without cutting the fenders? I sure love the look with flares and wide, large rims, but I don't want to cut any metal. I'm thinking of fitting coilovers, and have it set on the stiffest setting.

In this pic from the "post pics of your wheels" thread, he has Rota RB-R 17x8.5 with +4 offset, and that sure have some space before it rubs. Maybe with less tyre? post-11562-1273226849263_thumb.jpg

Edited by HaaJeHaa

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go....get ready for your butt to pucker...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+H%2FL+400&partnum=17HR7HL400&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

or if you are realllllly brave and like cheap =)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Solus+KR21&partnum=075TR5KR21

ohhh and you might want to make sure your suspension is pretty stiff

Edited by sticky280zx

NESS with the LS3 car tried 245s to try and get away with not getting flares. I think he ended up getting new tyres as he was not happy with the setup.

*edit* Yep:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/80157-ls3-build-thread-z-vette/page__hl__LS3__st__80

215s? reeeaaally?

Edited by flatblack280

Fo Sho....dont be scared mister you can run a 195 on a 10" if you are brave enough lol

Here let me try and break it down...that 215 is a good "flush" fit on a 7inch, sidewall is 70% of width (225mm X .70 =157.5mm in english lol 6.2007874 inches plennnty of stretchy-ness

not big but click it

tireidzv9.th.jpg

Remember that slammed car that was in all those blogs that everyone hates....look at how small of a sidewall he has on his width...more sidewall=Leww butt puckering, its softens the bumps and all that and less prone to pop off

"My wheels up front are 15×10J – 10 offset and they required 15mm wheel spacers (Project Kics) to clear the tie rods. The tires mounted on the front are 205/50/15 (Azenis RT615)."

Edited by sticky280zx

Thanks for pics junglist and JustinOlson, and thanks for the link flatblack280;) After reading the "LS3 build thread. Z-VETTE" thread I think it would fit nicely with a lot less tire. I know a lot of you americans love more meat on the rims, but as a eurostance guy i prefer more rim, less tire;) 225/35 and 215/35 would do the job.

post-11562-12747953664061_thumb.jpg

This golf looks similar to my VR6 golf and I think this is the right stance for a car. We've also fitted 205/35-16 on a 9x16 inch rim and that looked insane;)

Edited by HaaJeHaa

this looks very doable from the poster with the 245/40's on the 17's. Throw on some 225/40 and you'll probably have enough stretch, introduce a little neg camber in the rear and roll the lip/pull the fender a bit and it will look really nice and you can still have suspension travel.

My 240sx had 17x10.5 on the back and I would mount up 245/40's and 235's when I could find them. Piece of cake.

-Ed

Since no one else is asking, I'll do it. What is the point of going with such a wide wheel and then using such relatively skinny rubber? If you're only going with 215 or 225 rubber, why not just use a 7" rim?

What am I missing?

Z manco, im with you, i can get the same wheels in a size that fit stock body, but the big wheels are flashy and its all the rage. research hellaflush, fatlace, drifting, etc all the ''cool'' kids are putting huge wheels with tiny tires, and even bags so it goes low and has a tinnnny smidge of clearance from rubbing. But like you stated, id rather get an 8 and run 225-255s instead of a 9.5 with a 205-225 just doesnt make sense to me, not to mention the curbrash, potholes, etc that will eat/kill the wheels with that sninny of a tire stretched on it.

Specific size tires are designed for specific rim widths. Check the tire manufacturer's data page the for tires you are using. It has to do with the side wall being square to the thread of the tire for best overall tire wear and performance . I know others will say "we do this all the time" but why would the engineers that designed the tire post the recommended info ????????