HybridZ

Bought Me A MaxJax Car Lift

I know I'm going to hear "it don't lift high enough" and the like, but I don't have much of a choice. I bought This MaxJax Lift knowing it's better than crawling under the car on my back. I like it cause I can put it where any other would not fit, and I can remove it when I'm done and put it in my small shop I have.

Heck, I can even loan it out to a friend.... :)

Another vid showing

I know I'm going to hear "it don't lift high enough" and the like, but I don't have much of a choice. I bought This MaxJax Lift knowing it's better than crawling under the car on my back. I like it cause I can put it where any other would not fit, and I can remove it when I'm done and put it in my small shop I have.

Heck, I can even loan it out to a friend.... :)

Another vid showing

How much do they cost. It locks pretty cool.

How much do they cost. It locks pretty cool.

I paid $2,199 shipped but have seen them for $2,000 plus shipping. I will be able to do any thing to my car with it that I need, so I'm excited and anxious for it to arrive. I have a ton of goodies waiting for me to install, and this will make things so....o much easier to install now. :2thumbs:

That's awesome! I'm 6'7" and I can't stand upright under a full height lift anyway. I'll have to remember this for when I buy a house.

Why stand when you can sit?

Nigel

'73 240ZT

I would have to lift my car through the rafters to be able to stand under it. I'm 6ft. Sure would be nice to have a tall enough garage to be able to do this

. Nice lift. I'll have to make do with jack stands for now. :(:cry2:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my MaxJax lift arrived today. My next door neighbor helped me slide it off the 18 wheeler, into my pick up truck bed, then I drove it under my car port to un assemble the package.

I have it 99% put together to where it's read to wheel out side and drill the holes into the concrete. There is quite a bit of nick knack stuff to be

. They send all the hydraulic fittings for installation. At least most have Teflon tape already on the threads...

I will follow up with more pics once I get it bolted down and raise my car up.

Well, a little progress to show. I got all the holes drilled for one tower, and fully installed it. The other side will get drilled this eve. It's already 98 deg out side with 100% humidity...

I will be changing the canopy cover this fall, to a wider/taller car port, so I can lift the car to the lifts max height (53"). As for now, I will prolly only get 3 feet or so..

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Pics way too large.

That looks tempting. What is the ground clearance on the arms? Since I installed the side skirts I only have 7 1/2".

I took a couple more pics for you with a tape measure showing the arm height.

Pics way too large.

All finished with the install. I will take a vid tomorrow with the car on it, but until then, here is my next door neihbor getting a raise, while my father operates the "up button".... :)

Pics way too large.