HybridZ

Do my eyes decieve me or is this a Datsun based replica?

rturbo 930

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's that and the fact that he can't discern probably 200 hp from 350 and if they did open the hood he can't discern an L6 from a V12, not to mention a Datsun from a Ferrari (on the inside). Question: Did the 250 GTO have shoulder harnesses? Why am I thinking it either had no seatbelts or lap belts only...

I keep trying to post this and it won't go:

@ActionJeans5000 Because the interior of that car is OBVIOUSLY Datsun, and there is a 250 GTO kit. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/236622

You can blame sound compression all you want, but that sucker sounds more like this:

than this:

You've got a bunch of Datsun Z people looking at it telling you it is a Z. Why we would want you to believe it is a Z if it isn't?!?

Well there's that and the fact that he can't discern probably 200 hp from 350 and if they did open the hood he can't discern an L6 from a V12, not to mention a Datsun from a Ferrari (on the inside). Question: Did the 250 GTO have shoulder harnesses? Why am I thinking it either had no seatbelts or lap belts only...

I keep trying to post this and it won't go:

Youtube doesn't like you posting links to anything I guess, I tried posting links also but it wouldn't let me until I took them out.

Here's my take: It looks good. Really good. I understand that if you can't afford a Ferrari 250GTO, you build a replica or acquire one. There is no hatred on hybrids, replicas, or kit cars. What we are angry about is the fact that he lies about it, and blatantly keeps pointing out that it's a Ferrari, when it isn't one

That's the simple root of it! If he called a spade a spade and didn't REFER to it as a FERARRI, that would be one thing. I know plenty of guys with GTO replicas, really really nice ones and none of them have the little-**** syndrome where they start trying to actually pass it off AS a Ferarri, other than a replica based on a Datsun.

I LOVE the 'turdification' of the California Spyder in that GTO link! Talk about having your head in the right place! That is PRICELESS! "He pissed off everyone at the Ferrari Owners Meeting, except a few people with the same irreverant thinking." :lol:

You guys may want to see this...

- The fact that we didn't shoot the engine of the car was merely an oversight caused by the simple fact we only had 1 hour with that car, versus 4 hours with the Ford GT. We also didn't shoot the interior, or any statics of the GTO because we didn't have time.

- Those who say the engine sounds like a six instead of a 12 would probably like to know that we clipped the microphone to one side of the dual exhaust, so you're only hearing six of the twelve cylinders. Our audio recording equipment is the best we can afford, but far from the best available.

- I have driven quite a few 240Z's. This car is significantly faster in a straight line than those cars were, and I would say has at least 300 horsepower.

If that's not good enough for you guys, I'm sorry, but I don't have anything else to prove. If that makes you think I'm no longer credible, then that makes me sad, but we've done all we can do to represent this car accurately, with the exception of a mis-informed intern's YT comment post.

want more?

http://forums.finalgear.com/the-smoking-tire-episode-discussion/ford-gt-vs-ferrari-250-gto-44210/

Edited by Megatherion

that thread is so awesome Megatherion haha first comment called BS, Man I love the internet and all its justice seekers haha.

EDIT: I went through the comments on youtube and found this, This guy is spewing BS all over the place, Notice how he said they clipped the mic to one side for the exhaust?

TheSmokingTire

2 days ago

@sford01 we have 2 wireless mic's that we use, with our 2-channel inputs on the HVX. One mic is for me talking, and the other is clipped to the license plate to get exhaust notes.

Edited by 19752802+2

that thread is so awesome Megatherion haha first comment called BS, Man I love the internet and all its justice seekers haha.

EDIT: I went through the comments on youtube and found this, This guy is spewing BS all over the place, Notice how he said they clipped the mic to one side for the exhaust?

Haha, wow. Caught in a(nother) lie!

The reputation of that show is just going down the tubes. Why would you swap over the Ferrari suspension and mash it into a Z? Makes no sense. That and the whole bit of the one sided microphone....if you strapped a mic to one side of a V8 Mustang, it isn't going to sound like a Civic. As a guy who is studying in public relations, he better get a hold of this crisis before any more damage is done.

As a guy who is studying in public relations, he better get a hold of this crisis before any more damage is done.

I was actually going to message him and tell him to come forward and say that they are looking into the origins of the car. I'm also in school and just did a course on PR. Especially with social media and how fast information can spread. The least he can do is edit the description of the YoutTube video. It would be a good start.

This misinformation is not only bad for Matt Farah but also the Owner of the car who is George Gray, both of who are involved in the media, both their reputations could be hurt for this by a lot of viewers for Matt and creditability for George.

I was actually going to message him and tell him to come forward and say that they are looking into the origins of the car. I'm also in school and just did a course on PR. Especially with social media and how fast information can spread. The least he can do is edit the description of the YoutTube video. It would be a good start.

Yeah, or start looking for a real GTO and pull the old switcharoo.