HybridZ

Do my eyes decieve me or is this a Datsun based replica?

rturbo 930

From that other forum:

For the love of god, thank you. I met the owner of this car for about 20 minutes before we filmed this bit. I knew it wasn't a real GTO, since I'm not an idiot and they only made 36 of those, one of which I've been in. He said "frankenstein of parts built in the 1970's" and didn't get more specific than that except to say it was built when the original owner wrecked his Ferrari and salvaged the drivetrain by stuffing it into this thing. I would have to be a real ******* to start grilling a very nice man about his very cool car in the first 20 minutes of meeting him. Since I'm not an *******, I simply drove it, filmed it, enjoyed it, and represented it the best I knew how. If you guys really think I'm stupid enough to flagrantly lie about a car like that, then it's on you, not me.

As for the title of the video saying "Ferrari 250 GTO." The simple fact is, our show is on-demand. It's not like TG, where you'll watch the episode no matter what cars are on it. Everything is on-demand. And we get paid per view. So the more views we get, the better. The way we titled the video is to attract the most views possible. We really feel that if you actually watch the video, and listen to what is said about the car, it's represented accurately, although yes, the title is slightly mis-leading.

This whole thing really has been so beaten to death, and I really feel that I've been unfairly accused of being a liar, a fake, etc., and for as hard as I work on this show, and for as little money as I make, it's really the last thing I need. I'll say it one last time: we represented the car as best we could, and as accurately as we could. It's registered as a Ferrari. I've seen the V12. The rest is a "frankenstein of parts." and that's the end of it. What else is there to debate?

Edited by JMortensen

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh. I wont be watching the show again.

And he constantly refers to the car as a "Ferrari" in the video. If it was a Frankenstein of parts, and he knew it...why still call it a Ferrari? And that is the worst sounding V12 on the planet...

too bad, he really ruined himself on this one.

And the Moral of the story, Its always better to be honest then to end up being caught in a lie and looking dumb. This guy claims he has ridden in a 240z before but he couldn't notice right away that it was a Datsun. Also this guy is complaining about not making a lot of money and he just bought a Ford SVT Raptor. :rolleyes: Oh well all of this is his problem no longer ours.

So let me get this straight:

He took the time to look at the TITLE to KNOW it was 'Registered as a Ferrari' and he took the time to SEE THE V12 (but not even a passing shot) and then lamely claims the exhaust note is the result of sound equipment being on half the exhaust?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::angry::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The presenter is as complicit as the no-"Nickname for Richard" owner claiming Ferrari.

As this is a CA car, looking through the DMV is pretty straightforward to see how many other lies he's telling.

It would NOT be 'legally' registered in CA from a conglomeration of parts as he CONTENDS the chassis number of the DATSUN would predominate over the engine number. And if there really was a 'Ferarri Frame' then it would be a case of going to the CHP for an alternate VIN because you can't CHANGE VINS LEGALLY. You can't MAKE a car as an individual...not the way these guys are contending they can.

What a crock of smelly shite. That the guy can't man up and keeps making excuses nails an earlier comment: Wants to make a name for himself without working.

If he'd actually driven a 240Z with 300HP, it definately would NOT sound like the paltry stocker noise they have in the video.

What a pathetic cry for attention. Someone needs to beat him with a stick for his ignorance. :angry:

Edited by Tony D

CRAP!

This WAS the car I saw in Arizona!

"Ferrari" 250 GTO Replica

That car has a DATSUN OHC 6 with Webers and 'FERARRI' on the valve cover.

Holy christ, if this idiot can't tell the difference between an inline six and a V12!

I have seen this car in person. I have SEEN this car in person. I HAVE SEEN THIS CAR IN PERSON!

This is NOT a 'Ferrari' whatsoever, though it does have 'Ferrari' on the DATSUN/NISSAN OHC Valve Cover. (Anybody remember me mentioning this earlier----IT WAS ON THIS CAR!)

I couldn't tell the plate was CA or something else, but the FRAME....and then the NUMBER on the side. SAME CAR. Arizona Plate...

Pathetic. I am 100% sure the presenter is total assclown now. What a total moron. :angry:

Guest starfox07

CRAP!

This WAS the car I saw in Arizona!

"Ferrari" 250 GTO Replica

That car has a DATSUN OHC 6 with Webers and 'FERARRI' on the valve cover.

Holy christ, if this idiot can't tell the difference between an inline six and a V12!

I have seen this car in person. I have SEEN this car in person. I HAVE SEEN THIS CAR IN PERSON!

This is NOT a 'Ferrari' whatsoever, though it does have 'Ferrari' on the DATSUN/NISSAN OHC Valve Cover. (Anybody remember me mentioning this earlier----IT WAS ON THIS CAR!)

I couldn't tell the plate was CA or something else, but the FRAME....and then the NUMBER on the side. SAME CAR. Arizona Plate...

Pathetic. I am 100% sure the presenter is total assclown now. What a total moron. :angry:

Watch the video again, it is indeed an Arizona plate that reads "250 GTO"

Did you check the link in my last post? Same car. I know that car. I knew something was fishy. I now totally understand the 'I saw the stampings'---but damn too ignorant to discern an inline SOHC with triple carbs

240z-engine.jpg

From a 250 GTO Engine?

ferrari-250-gto-3.jpg

Bit much of a stretch for me to believe... I meant is this guy really that f-ing stupid that he can't tell the difference in stack configuration?

"Straight Up Twins, 6 Each, Ferarri. Horizontal Singles, 6 Each, Datsun"

I mean how f-ing stupid do you have to be to miss that?

An update: a confession that the car is in fact all Datsun. Matt now admits that he never saw the engine, and apologized for lying about it.

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/tag/matt-farah/

Sounds Sincere to me, He said some stupid things as such as he had seen the engine but now claims he never did. At least this is finally resolved.

Its interesting that he went through all this trouble at first to claim it was part Ferrari at least, then to just confess that it is just a Datsun. Its probably true that he didn't see it and he lied about it to try to get people off his back.

So do you guys think he didn't look at the motor? I'm inclined to believe that he did look at it.

Agreed. What kind of car guy would look at a fancy car like that and NOT pop the hood?

Edited by rossman