HybridZ

Is my headgasket blown?

I had problems with my zx of it over heating after about half an hour running. So i changed the thermostat, radiator, water pump, head temp. sensor and i thought the problem was gone. Now the car is running pretty good but when i get stuck at lights for a while the temp. starts going up but goes back down once i start driving again. Also theres a ticking coming from the valve cover and it seems like it gets louder as the engine gets to operating temps. Really need to get this fixed soon so any input is great.. Thanks!

I had problems with my zx of it over heating after about half an hour running. So i changed the thermostat, radiator, water pump, head temp. sensor and i thought the problem was gone. Now the car is running pretty good but when i get stuck at lights for a while the temp. starts going up but goes back down once i start driving again. Also theres a ticking coming from the valve cover and it seems like it gets louder as the engine gets to operating temps. Really need to get this fixed soon so any input is great.. Thanks!

check your oil, and tell us what you find.

Did you check the fan?

I think Mikez31ss was referring to the fan clutch. The fan blade should be (tight) difficult to spin when the engine is cold and spins more freely at operating temp; If you can spin the fan blade when the engine is cold the clutch needs replaced--commonly overlooked as suspect to overheating problems.

Do a leak down test or compression test. Or go get them done at a shop. Also when you changed your coolant, was is full of rust or gunk? Also what type of coolant mix do you use? 50/50? I use 70water/30coolant and use water wetter.

Yeah it was brown lol my old water inlet got so corroted pieces broke off and my old radiator was really clogged up. Ive tried somethiing like the water wetter and it worked for a while but not long

I think Mikez31ss was referring to the fan clutch. The fan blade should be (tight) difficult to spin when the engine is cold and spins more freely at operating temp; If you can spin the fan blade when the engine is cold the clutch needs replaced--commonly overlooked as suspect to overheating problems.

Oh ok I'll check that out today lol I wasn't sure what he meant

I checked the spark plugs. no coolant but there was some oil on them, not alot though.

Not sure if you checked the fan clutch yet (I thought for sure that is your problem) but after seeing your post on the radiator, you might consider pulling it and take it to a radiator shop to get rodded or just replace it (if you have the funds). =/