HybridZ

Gran Turismo 5!

jakeoster

I just noticed today that Gran Turismo 5 FINALLY has a shipping date for November 1st!!! I've been waiting for this game for years! I bought a PS3 Slim when they dropped to $299 in anticipation for this game and the only game I own is Gran Turismo Prolouge which I have done pretty much everything possible in. I got one of those GT4 Logitech wheels, pretty much a bonefide Gran Turismo geek.

Anyone else counting the days till November 1st?

I bought a PS2 for GT4. I may buy a PS3 for GT5, but I really felt I wasn't getting the most out of it with a joystick, so then you're talking a wheel, I'm going to be into this game $400... I loved GT3, got a little bored with GT4, and just not sure about laying down the cash for GT5.

I can't wait for the Nurburgring, been missing that on Prologue and my Ps3 can't run GT4. I also have been missing out on the tuning as well. Hopefully they will include the 240zg again and some other models like the 432 this time around.

Also I don't think Forza and GT are in the same class. GT is a driving simulator and I consider Forza to be just a racing game.

Edited by jakeoster

Also I don't think Forza and GT are in the same class. GT is a driving simulator and I consider Forza to be just a racing game.

They are both games, R factor on the other hand is a simulator.

Also how can something be a driving simulator, if you don't have damage?

They are both games, R factor on the other hand is a simulator.

Also how can something be a driving simulator, if you don't have damage?

This. Not to mention GT5 is about 5 years late to the party. I used to play GT1/2/3 and lost interest with 4.

Forza 3 is FANTASTIC. The visual customization is the absolute best - which, especially in multiplayer, keeps the game interesting. The online racing, storefronts, photomode, etc. - all awesome. Not to mention the driving dynamics. I love the game.

I'm sure GT5 will be good but not worth the wait IMO. Turn10 did it right which is why I've given them hundred of dollars since 2005 in initial game purchases and add ons.

Unknowingly started a GT Forza war :lol:

Its just a game, so I would rather focus on the driving instead of worrying about crashing like I do when actually driving. However, GT5 will include damage this time around for the first time B)

Edited by jakeoster

Forza is a good game no doubt about it, I play it in the absence of GT5. But that being said, you just can't beat the king. They haven't been postponing it just to piss off the world, they're taking their time and paying a huge ton of attention to detail. Everyone always whines about how long they're taking to finally release, but truth be told we'll be playing it the day it hits shelves.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TundraShepherdDog

Can not wait for GT5 to come out in November, after many years of waiting, this will be the first non-handheld console. So I am very attracted her. I'm not a fan of driving games at all, but I think I'll make an exception and try this game

GT5 is going to be simulation and Game. Looks awesome and will include the Top gear test track! Damage will occur on several of the cars. The driving dynamics are supposed to be fantastic. I made this whole setup just for GT5! heh..

med_DSCF0235.JPG

Edited by wigenOut-S30