HybridZ

Lightweight + Big HP = ?

Purely uninformed comment there. It is well known that the Electromtive L28ET was advertised at 750HP, at 21.6psi at 7500.

In matter-of-fact, the number was closer to 1100HP, at higher boost and rpm numbers. The car was capable of lighting the rear meats onto the back straight at Riverside, and perpetuating that to the next corner. Driver commented that it was the first car he ever drove that 'Met the Granatelli Criterion'!

Years ago I got to watch this car at PIR (Portland) and it would outrun all the IMSA GTP cars down the straight and then get caught in the braking zone. Over and over this happened and it was very entertaining.

Cary

Someone please put that car/motor on the dyno and see what's the story. GT40 on that motor, nothing smaller or its a bad balance. That stroker motor and cylinder head breath too much to down size that small, but thats just my opinion. That combo will make power with anything you set it up with, specially on that light little race car. COOL!!!

In my experience, anything over 300hp in an S30 and you better know how to drive.

I got over 300hp and I don't know the first thing about driving. :P

It is well known that the Electromtive L28ET was advertised at 750HP, at 21.6psi at 7500.

I would love a link to that monster!

Also, I would imagine it requires A LOT of head-work (if not completely custom made DOHC set-ups), completely reworking the bottom end and so forth.

Yeah just because it's old doesn't mean it lacks potential, and 3 liter engines aren't too small to get real power without complete remanufacture anymore.

Yeah, that's the article, "580 HP at 7500rpms, and 20.6psi" what a laugh! Talk about totally fabricated numbers! :lol:

The numbers were far higher than that, as was their engine rpm capabilities.

I'd not seen that link on the 33 car and the President 4.1L TT setup, though. Will have to read that on the plane tomorrow! Thanks.

Oh, and there is a 'link' someone made. There's little 'links' to much about this, it was all on paper at the time, and then...apparently...forgotten!

I'll have some pictures up shortly as to why plans have changed...I've decided to take on another project that is even more bitchin. Clifton's old car and the big bad L28 are available, but if I don't get what I want for them, I will continue with the tansplant.

Cleve