HybridZ

Anyone from portland

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I am in East Vancouver. Born and raised in Southern Oregon then 8 years in Colorado

I think it would be fun to all meet someplace, sometime.

I owned this car for over 20 years, sold it in 1997, found it on eBay 3 months ago as a shell. My son and I are putting it back together...step by step by step. I hope to have the engine and tranny back in next week and drive it this summer.

Sandy, Oregon.

Braap, it seems we live in the same town, do I know you?

LOL...

Maybe one of you can send a big white signal cloud if you know the other one...

That doesn't mean burning a mountain of tires like some idiots here in Atlanta did... That means using gasoline and an engine to make smoke signals. (If y'all do such a primitive thing)

I am a new owner to the HybridZ game, but when I get back home, I live in Tacoma, WA. I was raised between Portland and out in Tillamook, on the coast.

I'm definitely going to have to chase down some of you, just to compare notes and ogle other's cars!

I plan on racing Woodburn this year. I typically go to PIR which is convenient and a good time but I'd like to run a real dragstrip this year. My car is on jackstands now but should be done in June. If the car is running well I might show up at the "Street Legal / Imports / Testing (3:00PM)". on Friday 6/25.

Found this on the web. Supposedly it's from the 2006 NHRA Rule Book

"Doors handles must be functional, inside & out. “Shaved” door handles not permitted unless there is an obvious mechanical means for our safety crew to open the driver and front passenger doors from the outside."

I called Gene at Woodburn Dragstrip and he said unless the safety crews had a way to get in the car it wouldn't pass tech inspection.

I also found out I need an SFI approved jacket if I'm going to race. Apparently as of Feb 1, 2006 a new NHRA rule was put in place that requires a jacket if you have an aftermarket power adder like a turbo or NOS. This is for 13.99 and faster.

Maybe you should all meet at the Canby Car show on June 9th and 10th at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds, Canby Oregon. See the web site for more details:

www.datsunsNW.org click on the events tab and select Canby07 or go right to it from this link: http://www.datsunsnw.org/canby07/index.htm

Lots of very nice 510 and Z's with all kinds of engines.