HybridZ

Turbo Datsun burnout VIDEO

big-phil

EDIT: On a side note, Phil is also kicking those huge 17x9.5? So I think compared to 14's or 15's he has us all beat. :D

When you have 410 Wheel torques....

Also, I second anti-lag [spark cut]!! Will sound awesome/work great, but your GT35R might not last a very long time if you use it alot. :(

Switch the limiter to sparkcut and that instantly makes it look like it has 800hp. Nothing better than the limiter sounding like a machine gun and blowing out 2 foot flames. Seems to add alot to the burnout videos. I had to try it myself and stopped right away because car alarms were going off (plus there was no point in doing it).

Is that bad for the turbo? If so i might have to pass on that

Is that bad for the turbo? If so i might have to pass on that

Search for "anti-lag" - it keeps the fuel from igniting until it hits the hot turbine blade. It ignites when it gets to the hot side, which keeps the turbo spooled up, but it shortens the life a bunch.

The Open class Rally guys use it on their cars for when they are off throttle.

Edited by FlatBlack

Yeah I forgot to mention that about spark cut, it's a one time thing though. Worth trying just for the sake of trying. I have to say it's pretty cool watching boost build out of gear, while you bounce it. Really no point to unless you hardcore about your launch. I'll admit I kept it low at 3500rpm still it put out some nasty flames.

Edit: thought I should add a pure spark cut video.

Edited by goodoldjam

Search for "anti-lag" - it keeps the fuel from igniting until it hits the hot turbine blade. It ignites when it gets to the hot side, which keeps the turbo spooled up, but it shortens the life a bunch.

The Open class Rally guys use it on their cars for when they are off throttle.

That's not quite what anti-lag is. Anti-lag systems typically retard spark timing and dump in more fuel in drop-throttle conditions (shifts). The much higher gas pressure and temperature caused by this are then used to keep the turbine spinning faster than it otherwise would be. It is true that anti-lag decreases engine and turbine life.

That's not quite what anti-lag is. Anti-lag systems typically retard spark timing and dump in more fuel in drop-throttle conditions (shifts). The much higher gas pressure and temperature caused by this are then used to keep the turbine spinning faster than it otherwise would be. It is true that anti-lag decreases engine and turbine life.

Thats what I always thought it was. I knew it would make your hot side turn.... pretty hot... glow hot, which hurts the turbo eventually and thats how **** breaks?

Oh and nevermind about the track day Big Phil. My dad decided he doesn't have enough time for a single freaking event. Probably for the best, I don't want to break anything...

Thats what I always thought it was. I knew it would make your hot side turn.... pretty hot... glow hot, which hurts the turbo eventually and thats how **** breaks?

Oh and nevermind about the track day Big Phil. My dad decided he doesn't have enough time for a single freaking event. Probably for the best, I don't want to break anything...

Are you going to any of the other events?

I'm not feeling so. I should make a thread and see who is going where. I don't want to be a lonely dude at the track. If you guys are going and I have someone to play with then it will be fun. Still worried the car isn't up to par though. Stock everything except for motor, trans, and rear end so... brakes, will they survive?

Should I do it? I'm confused.

I'm just a little pissed because my dad said he is too busy to come. Little things like this event, going to the gun show, going to Cabella's, all three he has bailed on me. Ironically, he had enough time to go with my step mom and step brother to sea world for 3 or 4 days, which is a big deal considering he works an hourly pay and not a salary. Every day he "takes off" from work is a day he won't make money so somehow he can afford 4 days off but not a few hours on a Saturday. Typical of course.

Anyway if its raining or wet out, I won't go and if I there aren't many Z guys going, I won't go. So... Big Phil, are you attending? How about you Bloz up? There is a dyno thing going on at the same time as the track event so I wonder who will pick dyno over track event.

Edited by josh817