HybridZ

Z fenders and BIG HAIL

kgriz

The z's thin sheet metal is good and bad. Good for power to weight ratio. Bad for hail. On September 15th Wichita, KS had one of the biggest hail storms ever. Setting a state record hail piece at 7.75 inches in diameter. Lets just say bad idea to be outside. If you youtube the storm it is pretty amazing. The pics i am posting of the hail, all pieces are about 4in in diameter. the dent in the fender looks like a bowling ball got smashed into it.

post-4786-053208100 1285655022_thumb.jpg

post-4786-094794700 1285655145_thumb.jpg

post-4786-009456000 1285655202_thumb.jpg

post-4786-011698400 1285655262_thumb.jpg

post-4786-066739200 1285655318_thumb.jpg

Wow. What did you do to have the gods do this to you? Just playing man. That sucks really bad to have such bad weather. I live in Fresno CA and I got hit once by hail the size of a pea and it HURTED!! That thing did damage to your car, wonder if anyone got hit. :( sorry for this unfortunate event to have happened to you kgriz.

Well i think we are going to accept the insurance under one condition. They said they would not salvage it. And one other plus is that this is the reason i needed to start a full out body work, paint, mod, and new wheels to make it look sick.

Its state farm and we have all of our insurance through them including like 10 cars. Plus my parents have been with the same guy for around 35 years. They can't do anything better than that. I know its a bummer I was hoping to get enough to do at least wheels and some body work.