HybridZ

What Tail lights Would Work on a 240Z ?

Sleek Z

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

They might not be as hard as we think, I'm thinking you cut the metal that surrounds the light from the MR2 and weld it into the Z. Don't know how feasible this is but it seems to me this would be the best way to start.

Guest Big Phil

If you look in the new Import Tuner magazine (September issue), the honda feature car uses MR2 taillights. They removed the lenses from the wrap around light assembly and fabricated a alumimum plate to mount the lense on a flat rear panel. It looks really good and it won't be too difficult to do.

Phil

I was at the junkyard last weekend, and I left with the 3rd brake light out of a first generation 300Z (1988, I believe). It's about 20 inches wide, and has about 40 superbright LED's in it. I was thinking it would be cool to put 3 or 4 lines of LED's on each side, like Erik Neyerlin suggested. (see http://www.zparts.com/showcase/taillight_showcase/designs/themes/750w/tail-light-theme1a.jpg to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

It would be easy to mount in a flat panel, would be very bright, and best of all, each one incorporates a windshield washer nozzle that could be used to spray noxious fluid at tailgaters! smile.gif

man this topic just wont end man.

first post on this thread, anyone run an third brake lite thats mounted in the car like from around where the dome lite is, that would be like my sole mod to the liting besides some h4s, i really think japan was on the ball with the s30, and dont really want to change the look, but i will change the speed.