HybridZ

Hybrid Z's paint jobs not loved everywhere....

FricFrac

Lol - I'm playing with some idea's for my S130 for a paint job. I'm thinking I'm going to do some BREish stripes on the side so I picked some vinyl up to play with it on the side of the car. Well it's almost freezing outside and my 370Z is sitting in my nice warm garage so I decided to put the vinyl on the side. I had a Datsun printed up so I stuck that on there as well so I can get an idea of what it looks like for the layout. I posted it on the 370Z forum and the guys there were freaking out because I had Datsun on the side of my Nissan. I had a good laugh since I was just playing around to some ideas for the 280ZX paint job. I thought it was funny - it's just a sticker wink.gif

post-6495-005299100%201294120295.jpg

post-6495-083715200%201294120307.jpg

post-6495-005299100 1294120295_thumb.jpg

post-6495-083715200 1294120307_thumb.jpg

No insult intended, but the 370Z looks to me like a Matchbox/Hot Wheels car anyway. The Strips look pretty good on that car. Must be the color.

Did you try slanting the font to match the stripe angles? Blue on Blue for the "DATSUN" part isnt so bold either. Dotn know what color your ZX though.

Just went over and read the thread - what a bunch of ass-clowns :rolleyes:

Half the forum you posted to was filled with posts about carbon fiber door handles and features for the alarm. Arrgh. Most of those guys don't even know the heritage of their cars, let alone appreciate it. The fact that on top of this they are trying to be purists is especially galling.

I kinda like the stripes, especially the Datsun part.

Edited by TimZ

Link to thread bro? Those donkeys do not have a clue about the car's heritage or what?

Yasin

http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-general-discussions/29793-new-2011-racing-stripes-option.html

The notion of the Datsun name "cheapening" the car is probably what set me off - especially considering that the point where they made the change to "Nissan" was the beginning of a very long slide to the point where Renault ended up taking them over...

http://www.the370z.c...pes-option.html

The notion of the Datsun name "cheapening" the car is probably what set me off - especially considering that the point where they made the change to "Nissan" was the beginning of a very long slide to the point where Renault ended up taking them over...

Wow, when people say a majority of 350/370z owners buy there car for nothing but the status of it, they weren't exaggerating! It really makes me feel like the majority of 350/370z owners are a bunch of bumbasses..

Well I have to agree with them... The name datsun has a very poor reputation. Usually when the name datsun is mentioned images of rusty pos' that run like **** come to mind.

Ill just say if I had a 370z, it wouldnt have decals/stickers/stickon carbon fiber on it.

It would have a twin turbo kit and a fresh coat of wax though... :D

How can you own a Z and not at least respect the name Datsun? I wear my Datsun hoodie with pride! I think the stripes look very good and wouldn't mind something similar on my 280z, especially since it is Monterey Blue. I think personally I'd just change the color of the "Datsun." Those responses on the 370 forum makes think people should have to take a "Z License" test in order to buy one, fail and they sell you some Enzyte instead.