HybridZ

Hybrid Z's paint jobs not loved everywhere....

FricFrac

hehehe... Ferrari won't let you buy limited run cars from a dealer unless you pass muster. I believe that is usually cleared with the check, but they do say you need a Ferrari in your stable to get on the list.

I have a BMW M3 and the BMW crowd is half and half enthusiast at best. Most of the them are dreamers who are never going to actually drive their cars on a track. They are too frustrating to bother communicating with.

Edited by bjhines

• 2 weeks later...

Lol someone in the thread called it the Nissan logo "burger". Never thought of it that way, but its perfect.

I've secretly wanted to do BRE stripes in a matte color before eventually painting the car one day :ph34r:

Lol, I have heard it called that more than once. I thought it was funny.

I think the Datsun BRE stripe is cool, man. It's a unique idea, shows the heritage of the Z. Keep it!

I think what you guys are saying about the 350/370 majority crowd is correct... they have no idea what is behind the badge. Both of my neighbors are young guys who both own modified 350z's. Neither of them have ever shown any interest in my Z, not even so much as an extended look in the garage. I don't even think they know an original Z when they see one. However, a Datsun 510 guy around the corner, on a different block makes it a habit to come check out the Z progress and talk shop with me.

Most of the people with newer Zs are into their cars just like those of us who bought S30s, S130s, Z31s and Z32s as our first Zs were-how long did it take us to see the previous cars-getting past the mindset of "my Z is king!", takes a while...I know when I bought my first S30, it was several years before I went looking backwards for what came before...then I bought a 2000 roadster, and started collecting original Nissan literature...It isn't that some of these guys haven't been bitten by the bug yet-they just haven't started itching...once they figure it out, and the pride they have in their first Z settles in enough to allow them to see that there were previous models, and the history from the previous model(s)is the reason the next Z came along, the fever takes over....then they will investigate, and develope a personal favorite model or two, but they will quit knocking other Z Models...it just takes a while...