HybridZ

Price Check on 240Z

Hello hybridz i am trying to gage the value of my 71 240z. so if i where to sell it one day i could bet the best bang for my buck.

Engine has a basic 280zx turbo swap with intercooler setup.

Tranny is a 4 speed

Suspension is stock but new bushings all around

Body is sraight with new gaskets all around

Title is clean

Any suggestion on VALUE?

post-1375-053610300 1294428046_thumb.jpgpost-1375-012696500 1294428033_thumb.jpgpost-1375-038777000 1294428040_thumb.jpg

If it is as described, with NO body cancer, I would say 5-7 grand. How is the interior? My estimate is assuming that it is an 8-10 car all around. More pictures would be helpful. Others may disagree.

Edit: Does it have glass?

Edited by jas280z

'worth' vs 'what it would sell for'. I personally wouldn't pay $5K to $7K for the car. The closer the exterior and interior are to stock, the more it tends to bring. The better the swap, again, the more it brings. I assume the stock ECU. I'd say a realistic price it would bring is around $4K. A good swap must address the suspension, brakes, and the drive train. If the car had a T5, R200 CLSD, EMS, and upgraded suspension, then $7K is possible. You'll never get what you put into a resto-mod out of a car. It's too personal. If you do a $30K resto-mod ... perhaps you'll sell it for $18K.

Yes it does have glass now and no it does not have rust.

I actually do have the t-5 tranny and driveshaft laying around.

The car does the the r200 LSD diff.

The interior is their but the plastics are a little cracked and dash too has cracks.

When i get some time to will post more pix.

Thanks for the fast replys!!!

JHM, he already has the car, he is just curious what he could get back from it. I concur with 240zip, you'll never get your money back as money, just as enjoyment. I know I'd never get close to what is in my car out of it, not for 40 years at least.

"JHM, he already has the car, he is just curious what he could get back from it. I concur with 240zip, you'll never get your money back as money, just as enjoyment. I know I'd never get close to what is in my car out of it, not for 40 years at least."

Oops...my bad. :blink: Guess I got excited at seeing another new Z enthusiast. Zlove, nice car but ignore everything I said! :lol:

What one person might like another will dislike. I would take 1K off of the car because of the fender mirrors. To me it meams removing them and a new paint job. It is like my convertible people either like or hate it. The turbo is good for some but others want a stock 240.

The market is soft on Zs so you have to get what you can.

• Administrators

Hello hybridz i am trying to gage the value of my 71 240z. so if i where to sell it one day i could bet the best bang for my buck.

Worry about it when "one day" comes. What its worth today is likely to be something different when you sell it. It's a pointless question, in my opinion.

Worry about it when "one day" comes. What its worth today is likely to be something different when you sell it. It's a pointless question, in my opinion.

+1 to that.

If you are worried about its current worth, I would ask an actual automotive appraiser to inspect it.

Coming from an administrator of this site you have got to be the most useless admin ever. I would think you would want people to post forums not keep questions to themselves???

FYI that "one day" will be sooner then later. I am just trying to figure out whats a reasonable asking price for my POS.

...Like my father always said if you aint got nothing nice to say, then dont say nothing at all...

Thanks for being so helpful.

Hey Be nice to our admins... They own the BAN button. You ask for input on value, but only give us two pictures of the car and tell us it's got a couple things after someone else mentioned them. If you'd provided more information we may have been able to give you better advice. Getting snippy with the Admins certainly doesn't make us want to help.

What Z2go said about getting it professionally appraised is probably your best bet, and would provide you with ammunition to justify your asking price. Though don't expect it to sell for the appraised price. You may be able to put it up on East coast craigs lists NY, Boston, etc. To get higher offers, but be sure to include that they'd have to pay shipping. A rust free Z on the east coast is worth a bit more than it would be in say Arizona.

• Administrators

You are correct, I prefer less chit chat and more technical discussion.

No, I'm not a fan of asking questions for the SAKE of asking questions. It consumes bandwidth, pollutes the database and reduces the effectiveness of the search engine.

Yes, I am not usually stimulated by subjective questions on a technical forum. And subjective questions about undefinable moving targets are even less useful.

The average Z on this forum probably swings 15-20% in value just between winter and summer alone. And you've been kind enough to narrow it down to "one day".

What good is a question if critical information is unknown or left out?

How much faith can you put in an answer if it's based on guesses?

What good is an answer if it's wrong?

And yes, I *AM* the worst Admin here, but you're stuck with me :wink:

P.S. It would a good idea for you to read... http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/89218-locking-out-accounts-of-members-posting-without-a-location/

Coming from an administrator of this site you have got to be the most useless admin ever. I would think you would want people to post forums not keep questions to themselves???

FYI that "one day" will be sooner then later. I am just trying to figure out whats a reasonable asking price for my POS.

...Like my father always said if you aint got nothing nice to say, then dont say nothing at all...

Thanks for being so helpful.

Hmm, that's a bit rude. If you sell the car in 2 years, or even one, any random (and that's pretty much what they are) numbers we throw at you now will be even more useless than they are now, as values will have changed.

Really, what did you expect? Even a professional appraiser who knows Zs like the back of his hand would not be able to give you an accurate number based on the little info you've provided.

Take a look at the classifieds here. There are 5 or 6 L28ET swapped S30s in there in the last 12 months. That may give you an idea, though those are asking prices. Cars did not necessarily actually sell for those prices...