HybridZ

Mid 70s Celica+Lumpy V8

mutantZ

Are swaps illegal there? Or is it like California where you need all the smog tech?

Oh, you haven't a clue! They will fail your car on inspection if your front calipers deviate more than 3% in clamping force.

There is a reason I really don't complain about CA Smog... When you compare it to European ENGINEERING COMPLIANCE requirements making a car run clean and look legal is CHILD's PLAY!

You want a nightmare? Talk to the guys in AUSTRALIA about a cross-platform high-horsepower engine swap and see what THEY have to go through.

Passing in Califorina? Hell, that's drunk in my sleep after a bongfull of pure Columbian and an 8 ball of China White easy to pass by comparison....

Yeah i saw he had it registered it talked to his friend who bought some parts of me.

I know we are easier to get it done than i.e.Germany and any car before 86 has a possibility to swap out to a bigger engine like a v8, anything after that gets harder.

And yes they look if you have upgraded your brakes/ handling etc in a set of test on test benches and a road course.

I guess 90% of californain cars will fail any european test due to cracks in dust boost, play in ball joints etc etc.However we dont have t deal with as strick smog laws.

So i geuss every country has its benifits.

Edited by frank280zx