HybridZ
240hoke

L28 - 350Z 6 Speed Transmission Adapters

240hoke    32

Hey Guys,

No updates unfortunately,  I've had to shift priorities a little bit.  I have all the rest of the parts waiting on me for mockup just need to make a little time!!  I'll update when I have some more progress hopefully within the next week or two. 

-Austin

malibud    0

You can do a search, but if I remember right somewhere in 04 they made the switch. There is a sticker on it with numbers but the one I have the ink on the sticker got rubbed off I think cd009. So 05 and up you are good  

z240    14

Found this from a post on the 510realm forum this morning on the topic of Z33 trans adapters. Maybe this is a workable solution from another vendor.

http://collinsadapters.com/index.php/adapter-plates/rb26dett-rb25det-ka24de-to-350z-350zhr-370zransmission-adapter-plate.html

I don't claim to be familiar with the KA trans bolt pattern but the discussion in the thread from knowledgable 510 folks suggests L fitment would work. Worth a look at least.

ihiryu    5

I've sold two Collin's kits.  They have an issue with shipping stuff....

Anyway, the adapter works nice, the original adapter required shaving, and the new one doesn't.  The problem with shaving, is not everyone can do it, but if you don't have shave it, it ends up being wayyyyy too long.

So after you trim the shifter down, it still doesn't sit perfect. 

It's a good solution though, but has it's issues.  But then again, we're trying to get a transmission to fit on a motor, AND chassis it's not designed for.

240hoke    32

Hi Guys,

First off I apologize for posting this project and just being a tease so far...I would have never posted  if I thought it would take me so long to finish these up.  I appreciate everyone's interest,  I get a good many inquiries on this adapter.  Unfortunately there hasn't been any progress since the last time I posted it's actually sitting beside me now collecting dust. I have been busy with some other projects and my Z parts have been on the back burner. 

I can't commit to a date to finish them either, except that I still plan to but it will be sometime next year. I will be sure to post on here and my Facebook page when I do restart work on them. I try to get on here from time to time, but the fastest way to get in contact is through email, [email protected]

Thanks!

-Austin

Edited by 240hoke