Photo
- - - - -

Bell housing adapter: Anyone seen an Ecotec to datsun z bellhousing adapter?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gorillaman2012

gorillaman2012

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationPittsburg, Ks

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

So my cousin just pulled his turbo ecotec out of a buggy project of his and dropped a ls crate engine in it..some reason he called me up and asked if I had any use for it..well not having much luck finding an adapter plate so figured I'd ask here. Anyone seen an Ecotec to datsun z bellhousing adapter system? Figured I may throw this system in for shits and grins until I get my original build put together. Or I just may leave it and buy another z to make into what I had planned before. Bit of a stupid question but figured I'd give it a shot. lol

#2 Ryan Merrill

Ryan Merrill

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Ontario

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

Were talking about the 2.4 GM front wheel drive ecotech engine?

#3 baby_Carlton

baby_Carlton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

Why not an Ford EcoBoost 2.3L Turbo from a Mustang/Focus/Mazda? (I believe these are called SkyActive in Mazdas)

I feel the EcoBoost has a bigger future than the EcoTec.

#4 Neverdone

Neverdone

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

Because he has the Ecotec. Also, the turbo ecotec is a sweet motor that makes a buncha power and is pretty easy to get ahold of for not a lot of money.

#5 Evlevo

Evlevo

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationManitoba Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

I did a quick google earlier when i read this. I think if you really have your heart set on it, youre best bet would be to get a RWD trans from another GM. I came across a few forums that mentioned using an S10 trans with some mods? If you dont mind switching to a different trans and having a driveshaft made i think youll be in luck.

#6 Neverdone

Neverdone

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR

Posted 4 weeks ago

GM made a RWD transmission for the turbo Ecotec in the Pontiac Solstice GXP and Saturn Sky.

While not widely available, searching around your area I found a few for around 400 dollars. Probably worth paying shipping for something you know will bolt right up.

#7 calZ

calZ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 4 weeks ago

The AR-5(Solstice trans) is actually either very similar or an evolution of the R-154. Everyone seems to love that trans, so it might be a better option than the stock box anyway.

#8 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 4 weeks ago

So my cousin just pulled his turbo ecotec out of a buggy project of his and dropped a ls crate engine in it..some reason he called me up and asked if I had any use for it..well not having much luck finding an adapter plate so figured I'd ask here. Anyone seen an Ecotec to datsun z bellhousing adapter system? Figured I may throw this system in for shits and grins until I get my original build put together. Or I just may leave it and buy another z to make into what I had planned before. Bit of a stupid question but figured I'd give it a shot. lol

Could try contacting this guy to have one made.

http://www.billsautofab.com/about/

Nelsonian, San Diego, CA.

#9 1969honda

1969honda

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationNear: Logan, Utah, United States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Newer Colorado/Canyon 5 speeds are the same as the solstice/skyline transmission. Google AR-5 swaps or something similar and you will find lots of guys using it in place of the Toyota R-154.

#10 1969honda

1969honda

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationNear: Logan, Utah, United States

Posted 3 weeks ago

http://www.supraforu...age=1&_k=qyerel

Edited by 1969honda, 3 weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users