HybridZ

Aerodynamics DONATIONS NEEDED!!!

Alex, Although I appreciate you thoughts and want to donate, Hand on to it man... If it's that tight, hang onto it... We're getting a LOT of donations support and I want to thank ALL WHO HAVE DONATED...

Well, thanks Mike, I'll just wait untill they call me back to work and then I'll be able to drop a 100$ no prob.

Well I just got paid today so I'm going to throw some money in the pot. I really want to reach out there and give a big thank you to everyone that decided to get this project started. I am sure that this will prove to be invaluable to the Z community. Now we will finally have answers to what helps these cars stick to the ground! So thanks again to everyone involved, you rock!

**Update: Payment sent. It's not alot, but I hope to be making at least 1 or 2 more before testing starts. Thanks again guys!**

Gang I just did the totals and we're over the amount by $107.50. Please do NOT send any more funds until I can get with John Tedder and John Hines to sort out if we can do a second day. This is simply amazing and I want to thank ALL that have donated. I want to insure that we don't take more funds than will be needed, so please, don't send any more until we know for sure that we'll have a second day.

Mike:2thumbs:

Guest TeamNissan
Gang I just did the totals and we're over the amount by $107.50. Please do NOT send any more funds until I can get with John Tedder and John Hines to sort out if we can do a second day. This is simply amazing and I want to thank ALL that have donated. I want to insure that we don't take more funds than will be needed, so please, don't send any more until we know for sure that we'll have a second day.

Niccccccccce

I guess that by $107.50, you meant, 10 750.00 or, we're further away from the point than I tought.

We are at a total of $3607.50 for donations. The goal was $3500 which is the cost of one day of testing. I'm going to work with the folks who are coordinating with AeroDyn to confirm that a second day is or isn't an option before I accept anymore money, so please everyone just sit tight on the donations...

Just to give a break down, We've spent $1600 already in securing the date on the schedule. I've got just under $2000 in the paypal account, due to their fees, which I'll cover to bring it up to $2000. I arrived at the overall total by the amounts donated and not the amounts after PAYPAL lops off their %.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone for their donations!

Mike

I'm in. Donatation sent!

This is a mod that I'm interested in seeing the effects.. especially since I will be trying one for myself. I'm going to make a mould and possibly make a few if it works out for me.

Thanks, Scott.

roofaeromod.jpg

Gang I just did the totals and we're over the amount by $107.50. Please do NOT send any more funds until I can get with John Tedder and John Hines to sort out if we can do a second day. Mike:2thumbs:

Excel.......lent!

Ive been thinking of something similar, and maybe motorized, myself.

I just had a halfway decent idea. Since so many people are making 'requests' maybe you guys should set up a pole of what 'could' get tested? I personally want to see the kaminari 3 port tested, with the foglight holes covered, but thats because its what im going to run...

Good job hybrid Z on raising the funds!!

I'm in. Donatation sent!

This is a mod that I'm interested in seeing the effects.. especially since I will be trying one for myself. I'm going to make a mould and possibly make a few if it works out for me.

Thanks, Scott.

roofaeromod.jpg

ZR8Ed, that is the very idea I'm looking at! In fact, I'm working with a friend to produce a miniature fiberglass BRE spoiler for this location. After looking at the later 280ZX car body lines and aerodynamics I am convinced. This one small application will reduce lift at high speed (better handling AND keeps the hatch down reducing leaks around the hatch gasket) and moves the vortexs further out back reducing exhaust ingestion. The look fits the body lines too. Several upper deck spoilers could be made to match the variety of rear spoilers available. I really hope testing of this simple add-on can be completed in the windtunnel. It should be made in an inverted V pattern to provide enough stiffness to withstand applied forces though.

Hey Mike

Never thought Nasty car would come in handy, but this is AWSOME!!

I've been away for a while but Tony D gave me the heads up about this and hear I am!! If you go for the second day, count me in for a donation

cheers,

Ian