HybridZ

Aerodynamics DONATIONS NEEDED!!!

I read the latest Hot Rod Magazine and they do a wind tunnel test in NC (same place, I think so?). Anyway they test at 85 mph, then extrapolate up to whatever mph you are interested in. So don't worry about the car blowing away.

By the way they got a late 70s Camaro with a giant hood scoop down to .201 Cd. Pretty interesting article, if not terribly detailed...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been quite busy this month...

I have a hatch sitting on my workbench with the glass removed awaiting completion of the Pantera mod... several of the sideskirts and airdams have been procured and fitted... We have quite a long wait before test day and things are moving along slowly...

I'm planning on being at ECTA march 31st. Then gonna knock around in Fla. and LA, Ala back up to Nashville. If you need help, parts anything at all, let me know. this is my vaction. planning on running the z, but have a lot of saftey stuff to do. and since I count aero as saftey....may as well help.

let me know

thanks

Luigi

• 4 weeks later...

OK Guys, the time is coming... We're closing in on the big day.

BJ, Any update on the preparations? I"ll be planning to attend to assist and just "be there", and oh, provide the balance of the amount due! :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Monty Burns Voice:

"Ex.....cellent!"

Looks like I will be on that side of the USA in the general timeframe as well. I may have to 'make' my flight route through Charlotte and take a delay...

Wouldn't be the first time. I like to take photos! LOL

I've been on a few forums in the past and I have never seen a community pull together like this one. congrats guys.... unfortunatly i only own a couple z31s so none of the data will matter for me. if this month turns around for me i'll throw a few bucks in as well

Gang I don't even know the date. BJ, John Tedder and the other members who are setting this up are holding the date close to chest because of the concern that if too many people show up, we won't get any testing done.

Now, I just read some really IGNORANT posts by some REALLY IGNORANT people over on Zcar.com... To those who were soooo upset by the fact that they didn't get a personal thanks, Please contact me offline and I'll gladly reemburse them in full their "donation" towards this effort. To the other idiots who made comments about the donations going to something other than the cost of renting the windtunnel, I say that you're truly as dumb as I think you are. None of the folks involved with the windtunnel testing really needed the donations. Again, we could have done this without the aid of funds, and just as well could have kept the data to ourselves, instead of offering to share the experience with the Zcar Community as a whole... Some people truly do not see the forest thru the trees.

Some folks seem to forget that we made clear that the date had to be pushed to the end of March, due to the fact that this place is booked solid for months in advance.

Thanks to those of you who gave and understand why the date hasn't been posted yet.

We will have PLENTY of proof of this effort.

Mike Kelly

Mike, I think you took the acknowledgement comment all wrong I know that poster personally and he doesnt have an angry bone in his body.He is also a HUGE contributor of Z tech knowledge and I would guarantee he appreciates your efforts as much as we all do.

I only know what's been posted in that thread and how I took it was that the individual sent his money and heard NOTHING else. I got so many donations from people, it was hard to respond to each individual person to thank them, which is why I commented repeatedly here in this thread. So when I read comments like I saw on Zcar.com, yea, it does get me pissed off...

Mike

We actually have enough to cover the cost of the rental and most of the paypal "fees" that were eaten up. I want to stress that we do appreciate all the donations made by our wonderful members. It just gets under my skin a little bit when I read threads like the one over on Zcar.com.

Mike

What was said over at Zcar. the only thread about this testing was about a week ago and I don't remember it going bad. I posting it and had only postive comments about hybridz and the guys putting the testing togther. Mikelly has had the job of thanking evryone who donated but has anybody thanked him? Thanks Mikelly for putting this togther and putting up with people who may not see the "light" right now.