HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Havent even picked it up yet from the previous owner, hes worried i wont =)

280zx3ct8.jpg

Havent really decided what im gonna do with it as far as engine goes but it will be the normal run of the mill dropped on some nice rollers and front airdam 280zx, probably flared as i like the look and i have an insane appetite for GIGANTIC offset wheels comming from the drift community...

Not new to Nissans by any means, but new to anyhting larger than an Inline 4, Im hoping and praying the stock L28ET is a decent platform to make some power with...

-PSi

don't post here alot but here's some photos of mine. i'm the 3rd owner and I've had her since 95. 1980 n/a base model with 206000+ miles. stock internals with a t3/t04e turbo custom intake and emerald ecu. only making around 190hp on 5lbs of boost at the wheels, but when I turned it up to 15lbs you could feel the differential physicaly move to one side so until I get it fixed I'll have to make do

a835ca91.jpg

280zstep3.jpg

intak0.jpg

Sign me up!! I just bought a 1981 280ZX:) N/A, 2+2, and t-tops. Bought her from a local getting out of the game, so I ended up getting all of the stuff he snagged over the years: a pair of engines, a hatch, ECUs manuals and junk^^ Best part is: 1) it's flat black and 2) I've got a set of turbo wheels on the car!!

Now..... if I could only find my digicam;__;

--Rat

I've got a 83 n/a 5spd 2+2. Pretty much stock at the moment. Its my summer daily driver, and auto-x toy.

parkchopcopyresizedry0.jpg

Also have an exact matching (minus black 2 tone) 83 turbo auto for parts. I'll be swapping motors the winter if i can find a place to do it.

The car belonged to my high school gym teacher since new, and was the envy of the school. He sold it when i was in grade 11, and i found it and bought it the week of gr. 12 grad.

I could sure use a friend like that!!!

i was surprised too that he gave it to me. he told me that he need to give it up since he bought a 350z and he needs the garage space for the wife's new car.

YOKO, Nice ZX love it!

thanks!

Ok I gotta post.. I still have no pics man am I behind in times...

my s130 is an 83 na to turbo conversion...

block is bored 1 mm over(87mm)

oem turbo oil pump with high pressure springs installed..

Schneider stage 2 turbo cam w/ springs

ported polished head major bowl work

unshrouded valves

stainless steel valves undercut stems

milled .006 off

3 angle valve job (hand lapped after)

stock exhaust manifold w/ custom spacer

Turbonetics full size 60-1

24x12x3 fmic

Full 3" turbo back exhaust

ngk iridium plugs

msd blaster 2 coil

apexi avcr (15 psi press to pass 24)

individual runner intake heat wrapped

fidanza flywheel

act 4 puck unsprung clutch

short shifter

all polyurethane bushings

drilled slotted rotors

braided brake lines

sl 450 injectors

walboro fuel pump after stock pump

kyb gr-2 all 4 corners

many many more but thats the basics ayy

If I own a S130?... more like it owns me. But I'm trying to break the leash, it's taken me more than a year to take the head off :)

I like the way you that...I feel the same way.

I bought a 1983 280ZX with digital dash with T-Tops early 2006.

The engine was swapped and now has an SBC 350 and it runs sweeeet!!!

- Custom made engine and transmission mounts.

- GM 700r4 transmission.

- JTR radiator with flexalite shroud and 16" fan.

- MSA type 2 body kit on-hand (not yet installed)

- MSA taillight speaker box on-hand (not yet installed).

- Digital dash (plan on swapping to analog aftermarket guages)

I'm taking an Autobody class right now and trying to fixing all my dents, dings, and rust so I can paint it. Think I'll have to sign up for the Autobody 2 class so I can get it all done (Overhauling and other car shows makes it look so easy). Now I know it's not...it requires a lot of patience and a lot of sanding. I have developed much respect for you autobody gurus and do-it-yourselfers. "Bodyworkin' ain't easy."

Going on year 3 in a few months and she's still spending all my money :cry2:.

hgeorge1..Sounds like it would be cheeper and easier to pay someone to do the work for you. (hint) JK I always wanted to do my custom stuff myself too. Thats the whole reason I got into paint and body. Icouldnt afford to pay for classes though so Ilearned most of what I know by trial and error (and ALOT of questions at my local paint supply stores :) )

BTW You got ant pics? Would like to see it before you do the body work.

Guest Haydos

I bought an 82 280 ZX 2+2 (only ones we got here in Australia) with the targa top. Car was silver with auto gearbox and not in the best condition. It is still currently a work in progress. Here are a few photos of the journey so far.

280_thumb.jpgPICT0006_thumb.JPGIMG_2601_thumb.JPGIMG_2604_thumb.JPG

hgeorge1..Sounds like it would be cheeper and easier to pay someone to do the work for you. (hint) JK I always wanted to do my custom stuff myself too. Thats the whole reason I got into paint and body. Icouldnt afford to pay for classes though so Ilearned most of what I know by trial and error (and ALOT of questions at my local paint supply stores :) )

BTW You got ant pics? Would like to see it before you do the body work.

mrkopsho, believe me, I can't afford to pay anybody to do the work either. The class cost $150 for eight weeks (only meet Thurs and Fri) at a local technical school. It's an evening class 6PM - 9PM, and everybody there has a project car, truck or motorcycle. The instructor tells you what you need to do to fix a problem, shows you how to use the tools needed and moves on to the next person...and checks back ocassionally to make sure you're not messing it up too bad. It's a good deal because you get to use all the tools, equipment and facility...plus there's a paint booth for when you're ready to paint (the instructor makes sure you don't screw up the paint job...he said paint's too expensive). You just have to pay for sandpaper and paint.

As far as the pics...I already started sanding, welding and filling, but I'll take some pictures when I go to class tomorrow...Wish I had taken some pics of all the bad areas before I started.

Take care.

Hudson

Guest StormZ

i got 4 280zx all of them 2+2

and one is turbo :)) night ride

THIS IS THE PICTURE

1- 280ZX TURBO , 1983 , Top Secret mod

hib91260.jpg

HUb91424.jpg

2- 280zx , 1983 ,im working on it right now to swap Rb20det, its dirty in picture but its need showr :))

i9Z91658.jpg

3- 280zx, 1979 , stock

2j091845.jpg

dvh92000.jpg

4- 280zx,1979, stock

Idont have picture yet but its brown and gold also 2+2

280ZX IS THE BEST :))

Man i just got an 83 280zx 2+2 and i have to say that yours looks great. Can i ask what type tokico struts and shocks you are useing. After the drive home from picking up the car, i went over a rail road track. and lets just say the suspention is non existant. And how did you go about removing those rust spots, i have a couple and i've already sanded them down to metal, whats next?

If im sounding lik a noob, its because im just starting and im only 17