HybridZ

OEM metric brake line fittings

OK, I know my fellow Datsun enthusiasts and I have always salvaged & saved the ends of the steel brake lines. Is there any place to get the metric fittings? I believe Datsun, Honda, etc use the same stuff, but does anyone sell them without being on a chunk of steel line? I've got to make a new set of front lines and would prefer not to use the old (somewhat crusty) fittings. Thanks.

Hey Ron! I stopped by ESP (largest parts supplier in Eugene) and Carquest, but no luck at either. I'll try Napa, as they are often good for "odd ball" stuff, but didn't think they'd be the place for those. I'll find out tomorrow and if not, I'll have to check around some more. Thanks for the input!

Hey Ron! I stopped by ESP (largest parts supplier in Eugene) and Carquest, but no luck at either. I'll try Napa, as they are often good for "odd ball" stuff, but didn't think they'd be the place for those. I'll find out tomorrow and if not, I'll have to check around some more. Thanks for the input!

This is the AGS (American Grease Stick) part numbers for the 10mm X 1.0

Japanese flare nut. Still going to be hard to find, but with these numbers

they may be able to cross them over.

BLF-40C-5 - Carded (5 fittings per card/10 cards per case)

BLF-40B - Individually Bagged (1 fitting per bag/10 bags per case)

BLFX-40 - Bulk/Boxed (100 fittings per case/box)

BLF-40 - Bulk/Bagged (10 fittings per case/bag)

• 2 months later...

Look for a local import car parts shop. I know here we have S-G Imported Car Parts, if they don't have it in stock, they'll track it down for you. They always have very nice quality brake lines and fittings (ones that don't strip easily).

In order to find anything of that sort, a bit of travel time is needed. Sure, its only 45 min-1 hour to NYC from here, but that's if there's NO traffic. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Seriously though. I don't know any of those shops well enough, and I already burn up quite a bit of gas just running to the local (smaller) cities... Now if I were still living in CA, around the Oceanside area, I'd probably be singing a much different tune.

I'm not sure where you are in CT, but in Groton, CT there is a place called FCP Groton. They specialize in foreign car parts (european mostly), but have a lot of foreign car parts including nissan. I've ordered tons of parts for my volvo from them and have been very happy with my purchases.

http://www.fcpgroton.com

I live near the NY border as well (Danbury Exit 2) and there is are 2 good local stores which may be able to help. There is Levine's Auto on South St. near the DMV, they've got a pretty impressive selection of oddball stuff. Also the is Axle's Foreign Car Parts on Rt. 37 (or 39?) on the way into New Fairfield. might be a good shot. Good luck and keep us posted how you make out!!!