HybridZ

What's the Rustiest Z you've owned!

JSM

I think this one takes it for me! Pretty darn scarry. You should see the pans! It's finally out of here after a year or so. Best thing is sitting in my yard it went up 40% in steel weight!

c4ec75ae.jpg

460e1578.jpg

cdd01471.jpg

Edited by JSM

Did you periodically wash it with Salt water? I thought my first Missouri Z was bad.. I'm surprised that thing lasted long enough to rust through in that many spots without getting crushed at some earlier point in its life. :blink:

Damn! My challenge to you: Make it a show car within a year:P

LOL, too late. She hit the scrap yard this morning. Received a staggering $140 for her! It was cool to watch the claw grab her and finish her demise.

I was able to save all the windshield trim at the last minute.

JSM, thanks for the recent scrap price update. Last time when scrap was $600 a ton, I 'cashed in' 4 cars from the back yard (not any rust on them....) I currently have one worse than that, and maybe it's time to get the boy working on the bolt recovery and parts salvage to get it off to the scrapper.

It's worse than that one though. BIZZARE thing is that the panels rusted from what looks to be the inside out---with holes in the middle of hte panels, hatch I don't dare open now as the last time I could see it flexing where the struts go (disconnected them, but afraid if I lift it, the glass will crack now!)

The car is rusted in all the places you usually don't see them rust (and on an S30 that is saying a lot!) I got to get a photo and try to load it up. Guy I bought it from got it for the title with the intentions of making a tube framed car... but you know how those projects go. I got it since it had a title...but more because it was free and had FIVE original date-matched steel rims with the hubcaps! Perfect for my Fairlady Z of similar vintage (which suffers not from the tin worm!)

I think I'll recover the bolts, glass, and particular chassis bits and make a run with the unit body to the steel scrapyard by the house!

JSM, thanks for the recent scrap price update.

No problem. The scrapper behind me was telling me to take it home and rip all the copper out and aluminum. He's like you'll get another $100. I am just out of space or I would have. I live in a deed restricted home owners association community. Fortuneately my garage is on an alley in the back! No one has said a word on my “stuffâ€.

One other thing to note copper wire in insulation is going for $1.30 a pound! Wire cutters will be my new friend on our garbage runs my wife and I do together.

Edited by JSM