HybridZ

Who'd be interested if we made a L28ET trigger wheel?

Matt Cramer

Ditto

Just bringing this back to the top. Do we know when these are going to be available? Can we pre-order?

It's not posted to the DIY site yet. I'm starting to get flashbacks to the old Mervyns comercials with the girl outside of the store, face plastered to the glass, chanting "open,open,open".

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, while we're waiting...

What coils is everyone going to use? I have a bunch of Z32 ones, but I don't want to have to get a separate ignitor box. Thinking about getting a bunch of IGN-1As, but that's like $400 in coils...

Edited by BLOZ UP

Just bringing this back to the top. Do we know when these are going to be available? Can we pre-order?

It's not posted to the DIY site yet. I'm starting to get flashbacks to the old Mervyns comercials with the girl outside of the store, face plastered to the glass, chanting "open,open,open".

Please oh please hurry, I ever so want the wheel!

I check the diyautotune website at least 3 times a day now. Dang you Matt, quit making awesome things!

ok, I have a question,

Couldnt I just use a vr sensor and code wheel mounted to the crank pulley to do the same thing? like setting up for edis but without the edis module? Im kind of confused.

Sure! This is just a simple bolt on option.

I checked with the contract manufacturer; looks like the email I'd sent to place the order may have accidentally disappeared. They'll get them to us as soon as they can now. (That's why we don't usually post so much about exactly when we're going to have a product ready; never know when there may be a few unexpected delays.)

Sure! This is just a simple bolt on option.

I checked with the contract manufacturer; looks like the email I'd sent to place the order may have accidentally disappeared. They'll get them to us as soon as they can now. (That's why we don't usually post so much about exactly when we're going to have a product ready; never know when there may be a few unexpected delays.)

I'm sure at least some of us understand the deal! I'll be keeping my eye out for whenever they come up. I'm in no rush. :)

Hmm, while we're waiting...

What coils is everyone going to use? I have a bunch of Z32 ones, but I don't want to have to get a separate ignitor box. Thinking about getting a bunch of IGN-1As, but that's like $400 in coils...

I'm using GMC Ignition Coil 12558693 and I'll run a setup similar to this . I have connectors for the coil packs so I'll make up a connector kit and/or a harness for the LSX CNP setup.

In anticipation, I've been researching how to wire the ZXT optical distributor with the MS3 & MS3X to utilize this disc.

Currently I have the stock trigger wheel and have the dist wired as described in the DIYAutoTune webpage http://www.diyautotu...iring_small.jpg. This calls for a 1kohm 1/4W resistor on a12V source.

In looking into it, there is another wiring scheme for the Nissan CAS, which I assume is similar: http://www.msextra.c.../optispark3.png. This calls for 330ohm resistor on the 5V TPS VREF source.

The low res CAS still goes to the man Tach In on the MS3, pi n 24.

The optispark code requires using PT4 (pin 31) on the MS3X for the hi-res (360 slot) CAS.

For these trigger wheels, should I keep the low res signal wired as I currently do and add another 1000kohm resistor configured like the optispark option, but wire the (would be) hi-res signal to pin 32 on the MS3x?

Or should I use the 5V TPS VREF and 330 ohm resistors and wire like the optispark, but use pin 32 on the MS3X?

Or something totally different?

Thanks,

sam

Edited by Sam280Z

Thanks. That's good info.

I'm also looking for the best way to wire the Nissan optical pickup: provide power and connect to the MS3 / MS3X.

I shouldn't have to do anything to the MS3 or MS3X internally, right?

Thanks,

Sam

Edited by Sam280Z