HybridZ

Who'd be interested if we made a L28ET trigger wheel?

Matt Cramer

I haven't been on here in forever, but I'm waiting on this trigger wheel - somewhat impatinetly :)

Thanks for workign on this for us Matt!

Some time ago, I remember seeing a "rack" for the LSX coils that bolts up to the passenger side of the valve cover - are those still being made? Whatever I would fab up will be horrendously ganky I think :D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on here in forever, but I'm waiting on this trigger wheel - somewhat impatinetly :)

Thanks for workign on this for us Matt!

Some time ago, I remember seeing a "rack" for the LSX coils that bolts up to the passenger side of the valve cover - are those still being made? Whatever I would fab up will be horrendously ganky I think :D

Here you go

I think the MS2e documentation could really use an update, the current firmware has a ton of features that I can't find any information on. You can find some by searching the forums, but that can take a ton of time.

If you could put together a list of what features you're having trouble finding information on, I'll get it to the guys who maintain the manual.

Do you have to mod the l28's distributor for in to work? Or can you just use the vg30's distributor in a l28e?

Nick

Neither. The wheel drops into the '82-'83 280ZXT distributor, just like the wheel from the VG distributor. There is a member who has adapted a VG distributor to an L engine, but that is by far the more difficult task.

So how do you mount the optical sensor in the distributor then?

Sorry for the 20 questions.

Nick

The wheel replaces the existing wheel, it just drops in.

You may be thinking of a standard reluctor-type distributor in the N/A L28s. That requires an entirely different setup, this wheel is not the right solution for that.

Ditto

Just bringing this back to the top. Do we know when these are going to be available? Can we pre-order?

It's not posted to the DIY site yet. I'm starting to get flashbacks to the old Mervyns comercials with the girl outside of the store, face plastered to the glass, chanting "open,open,open".