HybridZ

Does anybody make a ZG flare reversal kit?

RebekahsZ

It seems that we are all cutting up the fenders on our (relatively) rust free z-cars to add ZG flares. I love the trend and it makes a lot of sense to get tire clearance in those tiny rear tubs. But, is anybody tooled up for the next decade when we all decide that we want to unflare our cars? I remember when billet and Pro-Street were big in the street rod world, and now all those cars seem so "yesterday." Many of us will still be z-heads 10 and 20 years from now. What will we do?

As you already know,there are too many benifits by physically allowing more tire meat, providing lowering potential, and aggressive aesthetics (which is purely up to individual opinion as to good or bad). Too many benefits that I personally believe these factors will never allow this to become a trend or phase, much like slotted or watanabe wheels on a z fit like hand in glove.

• 3 weeks later...

Once I make that committment there is no turning back, but I will sell off my cut-off lips for someone else that changes their mind :)

Can't see how that would be possible considering you make the cuts yourself, then every one's cuts and welds will be different. Probably easier to replace the whole panel than to make someone elses cutouts fit.

Can't see how that would be possible considering you make the cuts yourself, then every one's cuts and welds will be different. Probably easier to replace the whole panel than to make someone elses cutouts fit.

Agree.....after I finished cutting mine the cut offs was just a pile of bent me

There are 2 types of people. The people that like flares and the people that dont. They have existed since the Z was born, literally. I have seen pics back in the early 70s with Z with overfenders installed. I personally prefer overfenders over flares. I would buy a z that allready had them installed vs one that dosnt. If you want to switch back the change the 1/4s its that simple.